1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Using a lithium ion battery device without a battery

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by vchampea, May 22, 2015.

1. vchampea

vchampea Member

I have a device that uses a lithium ion battery, but the device cannot be used while it is plugged in and charging the battery. Is there something that exists that can be inserted into a device that uses a lithium ion battery and then plugged into the wall, thereby "tricking" the device into operating as if it were constantly 100% charged? If so, where can I get it? If not, could something be home crafted to do this?

2. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

What's the device buddy ?

3. buzzsoundyear

buzzsoundyear Member

Most of my devices allow me to use them while charging. So there must be something different about your device,
    maybe it's old technology or maybe intentionally crippled this way. But, because most modern devices can be used while charging, what you are seeking is definitely possible.

But this is probably the wrong forum to ask for help of that sort. I'd try an electronics forum. Many electronic hobbyists probably know the way to do it. But I'd bet that maybe 99% of the people who look here are into using software and some into designing software and very few are into designing hardware , especially electronic circuits for charging batteries. Google what you want and selectively look into the links that are for electronic hobby sites.

4. vchampea

vchampea Member

Haha, it's a vaporizer. There's other vapes that can be charged and used at the same time. So I don't see why this one cannot. I was thinking about a camera I use to have that had a battery with a cord attached to it. It wasn't really a battery. Just something that fit into the battery slot and plugged into the wall so you could use the camera continuously without wearing out your camera batteries.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking. I'll do some more searching and see what I can find.