1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Action Replay Codes on your R4/M3 Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by DVDBack23, May 7, 2007.

1. pokeshop

pokeshop Guest

hi i read the first post to this topic im still having troubles. I hope someone can help me out. I use the program pokesav which creates a xml file to be used by action replay. but when i use the cheat code editor to create the dat file needed to be on my r4 i always get the message "the xml file format is error."
    i've heard the cheat code editor has a certain format to their folder setup or something along those lines, maybe the xml file has a line which is in the wrong place. can someone verify with me what cheat code editor accepts when importing xml files?

2. pokeshop

pokeshop Guest

and i don't understand what i need to do from this point..
    Install the Code Manager.
    1. Under Subscriptions right click Codejunkies US Games and select copy if you want all or just do this for games you want.

Install it to my computer right? but I don't have action replay, what i have is the R4 which runs action replay codes so i don't understand why i had to install this code manager.

my problem is that i want to make my own codes for the r4's action replay but the xml files i create aren't accepted on the cheat code editor which would make them the needed .dat file for r4 to use and give me the cheat (y) option....

please help

3. pubisboy

pubisboy Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  4. DsGamerZ

DsGamerZ Guest

I got a R4DS with 2GB micro SD
    When I bought it it was already V1.08 do I still have to update? o.0
    and.. When I open the ActionReplay I downloaded
    it only says: Load Failed - and if I try to make a new subscription
    it says: Error connecting to subscription.
    please help me - If I cant load the Action Replay
    I Will NEVERbe able to use the code-option ='(

5. Chanbog

Chanbog Member

Hey, I did everything that I was supposed to and I know it correctly. But I still have problems. Is the Firmware supposed to unzipped because when I downloaded it, I was zipped and my uncle keeps telling me that it should be unzipped. Another thing, I origonally had versoin 1.06 of the firmware so I put the new version of the firmware in the root menu. Is that ok? Im afraid if I delete everything of 1.06, It'll bust my R4. Some plz help me!!!

6. oakcapy

oakcapy Member

Meteos's Cheats Doesnt Work.Can anyone help?All I No Is That My Friends Meteos Cheat Work But Not Mine.

7. colloner

colloner Member

can i use AR code manager and pokesav to hack on my emulated pokemon diamond? i am using no$gba. thanks

8. Biaonca

Biaonca Member

Err sorry if this is a noob question,but how do you upload a savefile onto your computer?

9. 1337troid

1337troid Guest

hey i got a problem. I got an m3 simply and i did everything right. I put in 1 extra cheat on top of the subscription, and wild pokemon modifier cheat for pearl, and its not showing up

10. oakcapy

oakcapy Member

Oh ya i think Animal Crossing wild World too...

11. lmc169

lmc169 Member

Backup your entire memory card before you do it. And I have the same problem with animal crossing so i bought animal crossing and an action replay for £15. :)

12. pezeleta

pezeleta Member

great guide, got everything to work staight away, just got a couple of questions. I've got the firmware for m3 ds simply updated to 1.04 and before i even knew you could add cheats to it, I noticed I could activate cheats for certain games without adding them myself. I found a file in the system folder named CHEAT but didnt bother deleting it before adding a new code list and noticed that only a couple of extra cheats came up but some didnt show at all, eg; spiderman 3 and NFS carbon. I've checked the codelist and they should have been included. Would it be because of the original cheat file that came with the firmware or some other reason? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

13. lars14

lars14 Member

I've been using the AR on my M3 Simply for awhile now and it has been working great but now I want to put my own codes in that I get from websites or from pokesav...I have entered the code on the cheat code editor and made the usrcheat.dat. When I go to the game I want to cheat in, under it there is a button that says [cheat y] and one that says [cheat]

The codes I entered on cheatcode editor are going under the [cheat] one and the codes don't work with that one...How can I get the codes to go in the [cheat y]?

And If that'sto confusing xD...How do I import my own codes to the m3 simply and make them work :D

...thanks!

14. Jedah722

Jedah722 Member

i converted the action replay file into a Sav.file i need help on how to switch that file with the original sav.file.

15. zxboy

zxboy Guest

it works but when i press y i dont know what to do next. i press all the buttons but nothing happens and it says "selected cheats 0/6" or other numbers

16. wertha123

wertha123 Member

how do u update ur micro sd wid da new firmware ?

17. naverill

naverill Member

I have followed the steps for my R4 (thanks). Here's MY problem... what exactrly do I DO on the R4? Do I just stick in a game for which there is a cheat in the DB? If it's a slot 1 game, how can the DS read the DB while playing the game? Do I run something in my DS while the R4 is in it to make the cheat codes resident, then swap out the R4 for the game? I just don't get it, and R4's site is no help.

Thanks

18. Zorberex

Zorberex Guest

scratch what i said...New Question

I want to use this for the pokesav but i it wont let me use the file from pokesav syaing the xml file is error

any help would be nice
    Zorberex

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  19. lemelord

lemelord Member

srry for double post but i need to now it:
    I NEED HELP IF BEEN WORKING ON THIS 5 OURS AND IT STILL IS DOING RARE okay:this is it first of all it worked the y cheat option is working fine on mario kart BUT:pokemon diamond and pearl there is no y cheat and some other games have that problem to i have tryed to download other versions but it still doesnt work;i have m3 simply version 1.04 i have updated him the cheat.dat is inside and the urscheat to but the (y) cheat button doesnt appear in the screen wat must i do i dont now wich action replay code manager i have becuse i followed the link my siply ds is english version mij pokemon version is (u) i dont now what that is but it should be somthing like us ore
    usa also mario kart have the letter(e) in its name en there i can selectd codes someone nows how to fix this i had problems whit the xlm fie of pokesav he says failed to load file or somthing but i put it away and back in side and it fixed i renemaed it to hike dont ask me why but can somebody help me ty for all the work that u do guys!!!! leme lord

20. PtuntBoy

PtuntBoy Member

it doesnt work for me...i dont get the press Y for cheats option. I use an R4 and i did every step.....i have the 1.08 firmware....although.....how do i correctly put that firmware onto my DS....all the games work but the cheats dont work...wats up with dat? and is my main folder for my micro SD supposed to be that messy or am I supposed to have different folders for different files.