1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using AID 4.20 to make softmod dual boot need help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by CopperKid, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CopperKid

CopperKid Regular member

I have an xbox that I softmodded using splinter cell, an AR max and the two gamesaves from xbins.
    I got evo x installed and inserted my AID 4.20 disk and backed up my eeprom and ms dash to the e:/.
    Then I ran the one click install softmod option, the last one on the list.
    It goes through and installs everything. Then it says I'm done with the first part and that I need to remove all DVD's and power off and power back on. I've done this 3 times now two different ways.
    First I said okay power off and then I powered on with the eject button and removed the AID 4.20 disk. That didn't seem to change anything. I didn't have access to emulators or trainers, only apps. So I did some reading on the forums and read that I needed to power on with the power button, so intead of shutting down from the prompt I said no and then ejected the AID 4.20 disk then I powered down and back up. No change.

Now I know that the trainers, apps and emulators are on the e:/ because I can see them but in the evo x dashboard it doesn't show them. Also when I boot up from the eject or power buttons the box goes to the evo x dash.

Any suggestions or links to where I might find some solutions?
    Thanks

[EDIT]
    Wow it's been a week now and not one suggestion. I wonder if it's because no one had any suggestions? Oh well.

I sat down with it last night and decided to format the c: and e: drives and try again with the dual boot option only with Unleash X this time and not Evolution X. When it prompted me to cut off the system I said no then I went to the advanced option opened the dvd tray and closed it from there. Then I cut the box off and back on. The AID screen came on and then the Unleash X menu popped up. At the system tab was an icon for Unleash X. I clicked it and AID finished installing the softmod.

So here's what's going on now. When I power on the box with the power button the Unleash X menu comes up. Awesome.
    But my eject button led that I swapped green/red with blue/red is now glowing purple. Is it common for softmods to glow the led different while in operation? If this were the stock led it would be glowing orange is that normal or is there something I messed up? I mean purple is cool but if I need to fix something let me know. MAybe it's the way sofmods work.

When I power on with the eject button the MS dash comes up. Cool.
    But when I put in a back up game it starts to spin and I get a black screen and it just stays there. The eject led stays blue which is normally green so I'm assuming this means the dual boot worked. I kind of expected for the MS dash to tell me that the burned disk is unplayable however so if someone knows if I've got it 100% correct I would really appreciate it.

[edit]
    Alrighty then! So I'm pretty sure I got this one licked for anyone that may be dumb enough or not educated in the way the xbox works like myself here is the solution to my problem.
    Cache drives.
    When I got the softmod up and working I changed the partitions. When I looked at the partitions on the drive I noticed and x:y:&z: drive about the size of a cd. Not knowing what that was all about I just redid it with all that space stuck back onto the f:.
    Well don't do that.
    Anyways that's what was causing the apps, emulators and games not to load up.
    Thanks goes out to xbox-scene forum members for all the help they gave me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.