1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Bose subwoofer with pc speakers

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Knuck1ez, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Knuck1ez

Knuck1ez Regular member

I know Im not supposed to talk about pc stuff here but no one really knows about home audio in the pc forums.. anyway I have a logitech G51 5.1 speaker set for my pc and a really old but still good bose subwoofer (350w).... How would I possible replace the g51 sub with the bose? If theres a tutorial that would also help. Just so you know the cord for the bose is blue and the g51s sub is black.
    thanks

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Bose doesn't make a subwoofer. They don't even attempt to call it a subwoofer. It's a bass module, and isn't very good, even on a Bose system. Keep what you have.

Since I refuse to have anything to do with anything Bose, I can't answer your question. Maybe someone will come along that can.......

3. Knuck1ez

Knuck1ez Regular member

you sure? its a good 350w bass module...

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Not being a audio techie the place i'd start with is what ohm's the sub is compared to the one your replacing,this is an issue if the sub you want to use is from a house stereo system it may not get enough power to run ,the higher the ohms the more resistance it has, therefore requires more power which the pc card may not supply enough of,the way to get round it is run the comp thru your house stereo,since you obviously have a 5:1 sound card thingy you should get a kick ass thumping from it,all i got is the original in onboard while running dual rca's from sound card outlet to the stereo then letting the stereo pro logic take care of the sound splitting for the tweets,base & subs for front,centre & rear,it's basically fake'n surround sound,it works tho especially like you mention when grenades or movie explosions happen it's pretty hard to stay in the room if it's too loud..lol..