1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using CD-RW for Music (won't work)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bitca, Nov 4, 2002.

1. bitca

bitca Guest

I dumbly bought a 25 pack of cd-rw's thinking they would be perfect for burning music because when i don't want the music anymore i could just re-do the cd. well I tried copying a cd-r onto a cd-rw and the burn was successful and all but the cd will only work in my computer, my cd player and my discman both say no disc. Cd-r's work in them though.

I use Nero 5.3, and my burner is a 4x. The Cd-rw i am using is a Memorex 4x...

Please help, I know it may not be possible for me to some how format the disc to play in my discman and cd player but hey it doesn't hurt to try.

I appreciate anyhelp you can give me.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

1) You did burn the CD-RWs just like you burn audio CD-Rs? In other words, you didn't use DirectCD or other packet writing solution
    2) Not at all every player supports CD-RW - does yours?

3. Dark007

Dark007 Guest

The Same as what cd-rw.org said.
    Only some newer CD players can accept CD-RWs. The disks are different, but I am not sure how this difference could effect older CD Players reading them.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Dark007,

The reflectivity of a CD-RW is lower, so older players have trouble reading it. I have an old but high quality Rega Planet CD player which is a real borderline case - I'd say that 1/10 tries with CD-RW works.

5. CMitchell

CMitchell Member

Did you find a burnable cd to work in your older systems, I have the same problem and could use some good advice with buying cd's.

6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I didn't find any disc giving me full functionality. Best was a very old Ricoh 2x disc that once came along with my Plex4220 writer. High speed CD-RWs didn't work at all. (And the Ricoh worked like 3/10 times)