1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Computer While Running RB

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by TomBrookl, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I thought I was the only one that pulled those kind of stunts. :)

I might play with those idct settings. I didn't know what they were. Still don't really but can't hurt to play.

Mort

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The idct settings in RB aren't an actual part of RB itself, they're settings that are utilized by DGDecode.dll.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'm still not sure what it does but under AVS options I set decoder iDCT to 32 bit SSE2/MMX and it cut on average about 15 min off my encode times.

Mort

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

so with this rebuilder batch file to get low priority, do you have to run that every time you run rebuilder? Or just if you reboot your PC?

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You have to use it to start DVD-RB every time

6. neovortex

neovortex Member

hi i was reading this intersting post...and i was hoping if u can help me solve my problem...my problem with CCE is not multi tasking..its the speed it self...i get max speed 3.0 and i KNOW it should be more...i got 3.0g INTEL CPU 1536 ram 500gig HDD
    any ideas or solutions?

thx

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The speed is going to vary depending on the specific qualities of the video (ie fast motion, lots of details, animation, etc,...) but in general I wouldn't say a top speed of 3.0 is out of line. If you haven't selected the fastest idct in the advanced AviSynth options you could probably get a small increase there - your CPU should do best with SSE2/MMX.

The best speed I've managed with my P4 2.4GHz is around 2.6, and normally it's not that fast. Plus now I use at least 1 additional AviSynth filter so it never goes above 2.2 and is usually in the 1.65 - 1.85 range.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

neovortex

I was using a Northwood P4 overclocked to 3.149 GHZ and my speeds were around what you've just posted. I'd say you're getting about as much speed as your going to with your system.