1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by silvav, May 29, 2004.

1. silvav

silvav Member

I'm not really all that new to the whole burning process, but up until now i've mostly used dvd shrink and dvdxcopy. Some movies don't work in either of these programs. Shrink typically gives a cyclic redundancy error on some dvds that are not scratched or flawed. I'm under the impression that dvd decrypter can overcome these problems. However, once i get the movie from the dvd to my computer using decrypter, how do i burn it to a dvd? If i need to re encode it, how is this done? A simple step by step method for using DVD decrypter to copy a dvd to dvd (online guides don't help b/c they don't say how to get a movie larger than the size of the dvd onto a dvd) would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks all. Good luck

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well you are using the program that does just that, Shrink.
    If you want, use Decrypter in the file mode first and then use Shrink/Decrypter to burn.

Open Shrink select the open files mode.
    Browse for the movie files Decrypter created and select.
    Let Shrink analyze. Once that is done, remove unneeded sub-pictures and audio streams or Reauthor if you want only the main movie.
    Select backup! Set your Target Device to ISO Disc Image and check the Launch Decrypter box below that.
    Make sure you have a blank disc in your burner and select OK.
    Shrink will encode your movie and when that's done, Shrink will launch Decrypter to burn your blank disc.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

quick guide using DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter

1) Open Shrink, then open disc
    2) click "backup!"
    3) change target destination to "ISO Image File"
    4) check box to Launch DVD Decrypter

Under "backup options tab", you can check perform deep analysis(suppose to improve quality), but this can make the whole process longer.

5) click ok

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi flip,
    I couldn't finish in time, my food was burning! Thanks.

The difference I have is that I have silvav opening files Decrypter made. Same thing though, either way, a very reliable and easy method.

5. silvav

silvav Member

Thanks a lot for the help guys, i appreciate it. I understand the technique now, but i'm still having some difficulty. I am getting an I/0 read error when i try to use decrypter. Retrying doesn't work, and they're the main movie files so i can't abort them. Is there any way of getting around this? There's nothign wrong with my dvd burner because i've burnt dozens of movies and i always use the same media. Anything i can do to decrypt this movie using dvd decrypter?

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi silvav,
    Sometimes you will run across a movie that just refuses to be read.
    The last one I had was "The Mask", a flipper disc with the wide screen version on one side and the full screen version on the other. Either side gave me an error at the same location. What I did was just find something else to burn. I did try using a couple of different programs to get it to work but in the end I just said screw it.
    I don't like being thwarted by some stupid movie but this one got the best of me. I attribute it to a poor recording/manufacturing process of the original.
    This is where, as far as I can tell, you get these CRC errors from on a new undamaged, clean original.

Now sometimes I can skip over a bad part and rip the two halves on either side of the flaw and then combine them back together using Shrink. I usually don't though. If you can get the thing ripped, with the bad spot, this might work for you.

Cheers,
    Frank