1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD FAB

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PKSTEP, Jan 7, 2007.

1. PKSTEP

PKSTEP Member

What is the typical time to backup a movie? I have been backing up movies for quite a while and recently I am suffering with some long backup time. It now takes me over an hour using Fab? For instance I am backing up "To Kill a Mockingbord" Hardly a new movie with potential new encyptions, it is taking forever, running at 1.77Mb/sec. Has anyone experienced this?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi PKSTEP
    If the dvd is scratched/dirty will slow ripping down so check the back of the dvd. Clean it off with something non abrasive if needed.

But sounds more like one of your drives slipped into the slooow PIO mode. Here's a guide.

Current transfer mode should also list DMA for all drives.

Check it out and let us know.

3. PKSTEP

PKSTEP Member

Would this cause the CPU usage number to up big time? When I am running Shrink or DVD Decryptor my CPU usage goes up to 99 or 100%

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep pio mode is more much processor intense than dma mode.
    Here's a bit about the differences.

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Binkie is right, if DVDFab Decrypter take more than 25 minutes to rip, then it is likely that you're having DMA issue -- so give the guide a shot to uninstall your drivers. Nearly 99% of all my ripping times are 12 - 18 minutes via DVDFab Decrypter.

Here's a screenshot for reference (per INVINCIBLE, US Region 1) -- great movie.

[​IMG]