1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD2One to recombine two single layer discs (main menu issue)

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Pony321, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I backed up my dvd9 movies with DVDFab. 2 blank discs are involved. Disc 1 includes the main menu, extras and part of the main movie. Disc 2 includes the rest of the main movie. I now have access to a DL burner and some DL media. What I want to accomplish is to combine the two backup discs and burn them onto a DL disc.

DVD2One does a fantastic job of combining the two parts of the main movie in a seamless fashion with all the chapters under one title.

what I need is to locate a program in which will copy the main menu along with the movie. In other words make the dvd9 mirror the origional.

BTW a few of my origional dvd9 movies got trashed a while back and I just have the backups. Besides I'd like to learn how to do this in the event DL discs become relatively inexpensive. Thanks.

2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

It's possible the new Shrink 3.2 might satisfy you, however, I think the best program to use would be DVD Remake Pro. This re-authoring program is used a lot by those at AD who also use the DVD-RB/CCE combo.

You can get Remake info at www.dimadsoft.com . They have guides for a number of different tasks, and here is one for what you want to do:

http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_merge1.php

I would add that a nice feature of Remake/Remake Pro is that it has a quick preview feature where you can play your edits to see if they work before you spend the time and money to burn them.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Thanks Doc 409. Ill give it a try and let you know what I think.