1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you've got a tool that helps you achieve a better backup with DVDrebuilder and CCE then tell us about it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey hey hey, I'll post 1st. My mistake was definitely in rebuilder, used Instantcopy 8 and nero with remake and both turned out perfect. This is definitely the software to use for re-authoring. Not only did I remove some special features, but also the links to them. So the menu only offers what you can go to. It is faster to rip with decrypter and then open remake. I did Shrek which is only 1 1/2 hrs. but special features total up to 5 or 6 hours. Ripping with decrypter-10 min., export with remake-8 min. (this process is quicker to export to a different HD if you can), and burn with IC8 -18 min. This does not count set-up time, which should get shorter as you become familiar with the program. Using remake with rebuider/CCE is defintely the optimum quality route to go. Rebuilder is my next effort AGAIN. Thanx go to Brian for showing remake to me, and of course Dimad for this wonderful software, Vurbal for the rebuilder guide, and of course jdobbs for rebuilder, and Sophocles for bringing us all together for this little endeavor. Looking forward to everybody's results and posts.

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Hi guys. This looks a handy little thread!

Have the both of you tried Titlestblanker yet?. It's a simple little (quick tool) and is great for just doing a quick strip (ie it's done almost instantaneously!!). It's basic and does not compare to Remake but if youre in a hurry its a pretty cool tool.

The download link that I have posted on previous threads is down, but if you would like me to mail it to you, then just drop me a PM. Its freeware.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

My God, you can't stand it, can you? No sooner that you get me hooked on one then you have to go and offer another. 1st it was IC 8, then remake, now Titlestblanker, what's next? Lord forbid there be a software out there I don't have, do you have my email? If not I'll PM it to ya. PS- doesn't remake pro have a program simular to that in it?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigornage.

I don;t have your mail address. if you Pm me i can "whing" the programme over. Titlesetblanker simply "blanks" the unwanted video titles. There is no need to export the final project, it just obilterates the titles in the "ripped" directory.

It is fast, and basic, but definetely worth a go. There is no reason why you can't just zapp the titles in titlesetblanker then load into remake for "fine tweeking".
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]On Initial Viewing My Backup Looked Terrible,
    But With One Eye Closed It Aint Half Bad!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2004
  6. brian100

brian100 Guest

Damn it, double post. Sorry all.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]On Initial Viewing My Backup Looked Terrible,
    But With One Eye Closed It Aint Half Bad!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2004
  7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVDremake is defiantly a versatile application, without it I not sure I would have been able to have backed the movie DareDevil it had something like 12 angles. We’ll have to look into Brian100’s latest discovery, after all that is what this thread is about. I believe that you can delete titles with DVDremake as well but hiding them was quick and easy and it did the job. The e3xporting of the final procuct does take a few minutes and I would be interested in a speedier return.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You can download titleset blanker from here.

http://shh.sysh.de/titleSet blanker.html

And the new force aspi 1.8 from here.

http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  10. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

After reading so much about Remake I may actually have to buy it soon. I keep running into DVDs that have menus DVD Stripper can't handle because of the way they're run as sequence to make a single menu. I'm doing the used T3 I just bought from the video store (I buy all my DVDs cheap) and it has this problems on Scene Selections where each individual menu is actually a pair of them and the disc doesn't work correctly if you remove either one. As a result, I have to compress the menus with Shrink before compressing the movie with Rebuilder.

As for the tools I use, I almost always start by analyzing the disc with DVD Shrink. That helps me plan what I'm going to do next. If the menus are small enough I usually use VobBlanker to remove unwanted titles. If I decide I don't need to mess with the menus I use VobBlanker to blank titles I don't want or if I do want to remove menus I use DVD Stripper.

After I run Prepare in DVD-RB I usually use RB-Opt to adjust bitrates in different places. I usually compress the credits as much as I can and if there are other titles (like credits) that I'm keeping I lower their bitrate as well. I'm going to start trying out RB-Keeper to make it so some cells that may already be slightly lower quality than the rest of the movie (usually due to the DVD standard restrictions) don't get compressed at all. When I'm encoding I use RB-Farm so I can encode on 2-3 computers.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm glad that you've decided to join us on this thread. Vurbal, I thought that we were using the previous thread for reasons that weren't in tune with your original intention so we started this one. Your eperiences are invaluable to us so it's good to have your here.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  12. vurbal

I also forgot to mention that I sometimes use AVSEdit to edit the AVS files. You can do this to a point with other tools, including DVD Rebuilder itself, but some of my changes (particularly where interlaced sources are involved) have to be done by an outside program to get them exactly like I'd do them without Rebuilder. If you want to see what I'm talking about you can read my AVSEdit guide in the General Video section of the Guides page. You may also get more ideas for advanced filtering with AviSynth before your encodes, but I'm thinking about updating that guide as well because there are a few different things I'd recommend than I did then. In general though, if you want to improve quality on high compression or otherwise problem backups I can't stress enough how important it is to learn a little basic AviSynth. You're already using it if you use Rebuilder, so you might as well take the extra step and use more of its features.

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Welcome vurbal, good to have you aboard. Your input will be invaluable. I just did remake and rebuilder/CCE Basic on Runaway Jury and The Last Samurai and both turned out fantastic. You'll love remake, best re-author program on the market. With your propensity not to spend bucks on software, I know this has got to be killin' ya. heh heh heh

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thank you Vurbal!

I'll look forward to your contributions, especially those that i've already began using. Do you think that it might be time for a sub-guide? Something to do with tools that can be used to enhance DVDrebuilder and CCE basic encoding? One simple thread so many variables directed to the same outcome, the best possible DVD backup.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  15. vurbal

Especially since I spent all my spare cash on a camping trip this weekend and won't be able to get DVD Remake for at least another week. That's okay. If I got that right now I'd probably delay the new DVD-RB guides by another week at least and I'm already a week behind.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  16. vurbal

I think the advanced guide should be able to cover most of it fairly well, but there's also room for other information that isn't specific to Rebuilder. For example, I often use VobBlanker or IfoEdit to avoid using any compression, so I'd rather see information like that in separate guides with references to them in the advanced Rebuilder guide. Once I get DVD Remake I might work on that, but I'm already considering a video capture to DVD guide which will probably take priority since I've been playing with my miniDV camera lately.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I goota tell ya I used vobblanker with rebuilder, and tho it worked,where i used vobblanker some spots were jumpy in the special features. I don't think it was me cos everything went according to plan. I did the same movie with dvdstripper and then remake, both of which turned out fine. Haven't tried titleset yet. Have you had this problem with vobblanker used with rebuilder? I've used it with other programs and had no problem, I thought maybe it wasn't exactly copacetic with rebuilder.

18. vurbal

It could just be Rebuilder, or it could be in VobBlanker itself. There have been quite a few bugs that seem to only impact a few movies or a few DVD players. I figure it's probably not a player issue or else you'd probably experience the problem with most/all movies, so I'd lean towards either a Rebuilder issue or possibly even with the original DVD, which I suppose could cause VobBlanker or Rebuilder to do things wrong. The first thing I'd check is whether the problem areas occur at the beginning or end of cells. You can check that by playing the AVS files Rebuilder makes (each one is a single cell) and comparing that against the location of playback problems.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

That's a good idea, I had thought it might be a compatibility issue. I'll have to do it all over, I've already deleted my files and reburned the disc. I don't like throwing away money either(altho I have been known to be a good tipper after a few Jack Daniels whiskey sours at the bar), so until I get this down pat, I'm using rw's.

20. vurbal

Probably a good idea. Most people who report one problem encode seem to have more than one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.