1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siber

siber Regular member

I want to thank you guys ( and girls, if there are any ) for all the great work you are doing. "Lurking" sounds so negative...but that's what I have been doing, I am so sorry. I have learned an immense amount from all your trials and tribulations.

I am sure you know this but I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread and I do like the guide for DVD Remake that you can find the link for on the official website. It connects you to this site:http://www.dvd-secrets.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35450

Ity may be useful to just mention it's existence.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! I'd forgotten this thread and any of its discussions or new information regarding DVDremake. It seems we've all passively agreed not to pursue it anymore. I confess that RB/CCE is of such superior quality that editing generally not needed. It's like chipping at the edges.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Soph, I must be out of the loop (nothing new in my case,lol). Passive, uh uh, I still use remake quite extensively, especially with RB/CCE and IC 8 and actively promote it to others who wish to use RB/CCE as a perfect compliment for editing purposes.

I'm still of the opinion, anything you can take out to reduce compresssion improves the quality, even with RB/CCE.

I find myself quite surprised at this revelation that remake has become an idle icon on your PC.

Of course, each to his own, and I still respect your opinion, I'm just surprised, that's all.

BTW, I did my 1st batch with RB today, it just got finished. I did Green Mile, Titantic, and 13 going on 30. Haven't burned them yet, am anxious to see how it turns out. Come to think of it, I didn't edit any of them, lol, wanted to see how it worked before I added any steps.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

I still use DVDremake but not as often as I used to. Whenever I have a large movie I run it through remake to see what can be removed. What I've been encountering are movies that have only the extras that can be removed. I still use it to strip multi angles and to remove movie trailers and other unwanted movie debris. I was referring to the fact that this thread is no longer used.

If a movie is less than 7.5 gigs and has subtitles and one or more languages that can be removed but no trailers then I don’t bother trying to chip at it anymore, by the time I keep the menus and extras there usually isn’t much left that can be removed.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I see, guess I misunderstood. I don't usually keep all the extras, just the ones that interest me, so I can usually save myself some compression in that respect.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think what I'm saying is that just because I have a tool doesn't necessarily mean that I should use it all the time. I’m still a strong DVDremake fan but one that’s perhaps a little wiser. Now it’s time to go off in search of new software, there’s no way that we can let perfectly good money go to waste in our accounts.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

In the event that anyone is still using this thread, Vurbal's guide should soon be available. When it arrives there will probably be a new thread to support it.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Yes, some of us are still here. Anxiously awaiting the new guide after finally getting the RB/CCE working.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Present! Teacher

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Be nice to have a new guide to sort of tie things together better. BigO, I think we're a couple of days late for class.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2004
  11. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The wait (or at least the first part of it) is over. My first DRM guide is up right now, and the second will be done sometime in the 21st century. Don't ask me to be more specific than that because I'd just be making it up ;)

Here's the link to the guide:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvdremake_tutorial.cfm

And here's a new thread you can post any questions or comments to:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/104987

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx vurbal! we might just well be the 1st, here at AD anyway.

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Thanks vurbal, looks like we may have been early for class instead of late with your showing up. I'm off now to check out the guide. BigO seems to have been ahead of me all night, so I'm sure he beat me to the link. We appreciate the work you've been doing.

14. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

vurbal...'Just looked through the guide. Very nice. And very good work. I like the way you started it with Shrink.

15. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I enjoyed the guide. Thanks Vurbal.

I noticed the Rest of the disc section is also the last paragragh in the Going straight to the menu section.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

Great job on your DVD remake guide, especially when one considers the variations of structure from one DVD to the next. I also liked the use of DVD Shrink as more than just a ripping tool but as serious diagnostic and pre-edit tool. I’ll be looking forward to Part II and I should get to it right after everybody else does.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.