1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]That's a good idea. Most people who report one problem seems to have more than one, Jack Daniels whiskey sours at the bar[/bold]

[bold]Probably a good idea[/bold]

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's it - I'm going to have to buy Remake. I forgot why I didn't run my Farscape backups through DVD Stripper to get rid of the hundreds of MBs of extras that are just previews for anime from the same company that made the DVD. After about 2 hours trying to get a working DVD without any of the animated menus for those previews I remember why. This is just too #@%!& annoying to keep dealing with.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

so vurbal getting remake, huh? So much for the DVD-RB guides. BTW,I expect more respect in this forum since my new promotion. Now how much of a pay hike do I get?

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Same as I got and I'm not telling.

6. vurbal

Unfortunately the pay increase is your old pay times 10 divided by the amount of profit Afterdawn Ltd made last year. That's right - you owe them money now! 8D

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! thought I already paid them, it was bigroange and brobear that were doing a great job while working for free. I was expecting to get something out of it and I did and suspect that everyone else involved did too.

Vurbal, shouldn't you be a senior by now? I've been thinking that my time should come soon. Senior members don't come our way much do they? Hmm?

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

belly laugh ,belly laugh, huge belly laugh. I probably do owe considering all the info I've picked up in my short term here at AD. Don't go and get all promoted on me, I'd like to be an equal for a day or two(I'm well aware that's in title only, so no smart-ass remarks!)

9. vurbal

They don't usually make people Senior Members without at least 1000 posts, and while I've been here for about a year and a half, until recently I didn't post very often because I spend a lot more time researching and experimenting. It doesn't really matter to me because I think I get respect based on the quality of the posts and not the quantity so if it happens great, but if not oh well. Besides you should see what they charge those guys. ;-)

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I don't remember unequals but there's these funny images of smart asses that comes to mind. They aren't with us anymore but I wish they were.

Frisk
    brobear
    flip218

and more.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  11. vurbal

If anybody has any tools that are specific to Rebuilder and would like them added to the guide (yup I'm working on it finally), if you can explain it in very small words (for me) I'll see what I can do about including it.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Vurbal, does that include remake or is it already in the arsenal?

13. vurbal

I'm not including Remake in this guide for a couple of reasons. Besides the fact that it deserves its own guide (and after I get it I'll probably write one) I'm staying away from going into detail on pre-processing to get the disc ready for Rebuilder because that's really a different guide that doesn't need to be associated with Rebuilder or any other program. For example, if you use a program like DVD Remake (or VobBlanker, Titleset Blanker, DVD Stripper, Etc,...) you can often eliminate the need for any more compression so I think there should be a general purpose guide that covers that process.

On the other hand, there may be other programs that I haven't found which will can make changes to the AVS files, which would be useful. I don't think there's any I haven't found, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong on something like that.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

I would be interested in seeing more settings in the DVD-RB CCE customized settings. In particular The VBR_Bias and Quality_Prec settings. My thought is that a chart indicating which settings would work the best with which type of movie. I'm wondering if those settings would affect the quality of long running movies such as LOR III or perhaps movies with very large file sizes. Then again this might be pure phantasy on my part.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  15. vurbal

I've already finished the section on CCE settings, and I cover a little about Quality_Prec, but since you can't set the VBR Bias in Basic I leave it out. I suspect that it's set to 30 since that's the default in SP (and fortunately that rarely needs changed very much) but I can't say for sure.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVDrmake

I’ve edited 6 movies in a row pretty much the same way and they’ve all worked with the menus in tack. I edited the new version of Peter Pan which ripped to an actual size (not the size that DVD Decrypter reports using the 1024 Meg formula instead of 1 gig) of 7.67 gigs. After editing it I was able to bring the file size down to 5.32 gigs and I still hadn’t removed any extra audio tracks yet.

The first step is to locate the title set containing the main movie and then quickly review the title sets that precede it. I’ve found so far that it is safe to right click on all the title sets that come before the main movie and choose “hide all blocks.” The next step is to check all of the title sets that come after the main title set to see if it contains any important content for the menu and extras, so far they haven’t so I right click on those title sets and select hide all blocks.

The next step is to go to file and choose export DVD, and the edited DVD will be saved in a folder of your choice. Check the movie using a player such as WinDVD, or Power DVD to be sure that it’s the result that you’re looking for. It’s now ready for encoding.

I would also like to add include that this also seems to remove all multiangles and interleaving problems.

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  17. vurbal

So does Hide All Blocks basically blank it like VobBlanker or does it actually remove the title completely? Since you didn't mention editing the link that plays the movie I figure it's being blanked, but if Remake can automatically adjust the link that's not necessarily true. If it's blanked, you should see a blank screen for a second or 2 before the movie plays.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think initially it starts by working pretty much the same as Vobblanker but once you export the DVD everything that you've hidden is gone. When I place the DVD's in my stand alone player the movie starts right at the menu screen, I've tested some of the menu extras and they seem to be there as well.

Vurbal

I would also like to add to my previous post that this also seems to remove all multiangles and interleaving problems.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

19. vurbal

I knew it could remove extra angles and ILVU, but I never considered it worth buying for these features since I can do both things with IfoEdit, however it should also be able to remove the menus that I can't with Stripper and that makes it worth it to me. I hate animated scene selections menus with a passion. They're a huge waste of space and a pain in the ass to edit since they usually seem to be made up of multiple smaller menus. I could probably figure out how to fix them after Stripper removes what I don't want, but for $25 I'll skip that. I love experimenting, but I don't really have the time to do as much as I used to and I can find DVDs so cheap any more I need them backed up more than I need to understand them.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I believe that the $25 version will do everything that I just did but like everyone els I had to have the pro version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.