1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Did I mention how damn easy it was? LOL

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, I'm not sure if sophocles mentioned this or not, but in answer to your question, in remake you can not only remove the extra feature you don't want, but also remove the link in the menu to that feature so no one can hit on the link in a menu to take you nowhere, yet with what links you leave they are fully functional. Pretty cool, huh?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, sophocles,is anybody having problems with rebuilder/cce and using another authorimg tool with it? When I had tried it with vobblanker, it was freezing and jumping, so I redid it and thought it was alright promting me to believe my mistake was in rebuilder. Last nite after doing Rose Red, I got the same results, so I redid it without remake and it turned out fine. I used the same files from decrypter and the same settings in rebuilder/cce and no problems, other than omitting remake, everything was identical to the first attempt.. Unfortunately my other tests using LOTR with this combo were just that, tests, and the discs have been erased. Brian told me every time he re-authored in rebuilder/cce he also got freezing and jumping in his results. When I did my LOTR tests, I didn't watch it all the way thru, just hopped around and they seemed fine. I mean how many times can you watch the same 3 1/2 hr. movie over and over again. Both times I discovered errors were when watching the entire movie. Because it's sporadic, not throughout the entire movie, it would be easy to miss. Now I'm wondering if I might have had errors in my tests also and just didn't spot them. I have used remake with other programs and had no problems, and I now fear remake and rebuilder/cce may not be compatible. That would be a shame because that is the main reason I bought remake, was for rebuilder/cce. However if your backups are alright, then it's obviously on my end and can be dealt with. Time is such a factor using rebuilder/cce testing can be a long process. So, before I begin, any input for this por' ole' country boy would be heeded and greatly appreciated. I await your reply(hopefully)

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

I got a good copy of LOR III, and LOR II, in fact all my backup are good because I watch them or let them run in the background. The only problem I had was with one fike that kept stopping rebuilder or CCE about 2 thirds of the way through the encode. I finally figured it out, the original rip had errors. I ripped again and away it went.
    Give me a rundown of what you actually did to the DVD using remake.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you check out the Rebuilder forum on Doom9 you'll find a lot of people using Remake and Rebuilder together, so I don't think that's the problem, or maybe I should say it's not a problem for most people who've tried it. Personally, I use some combination of VobBlanker, DVD Stripper, DVD Shrink, and IfoEdit on every DVD-9 I backup with DVD-RB and I haven't had a single problem besides the one from the bug in 0.53. So far that's around 50 DVDs.

I'd recommend posting a question on the DVD Remake forums. Hopefully they can be more helpful.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There's a new version of DVDremake.

There's a new version of DVDremake.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]vurbal[/bold], basically that's what I needed to know, as long as I know it can work, I can figure it out. The burn worked in rebuilder/cce without re-authoring so if there is nothing special to do when re-authoring my mistake must lie somewhere else. It must be a coincidence that it happened with vobblanker also. [bold]sophocles[/bold], I basically just did a simple re-author removing language links and subtitles for spanish and french(there aren't any other extras because it is 2-disc set and this was the 1st one. It's so long I figured every little bit helps. I ripped with decrypter 1st, re-authored in remake, exported to my remake re-authored file then used that with rebuilder/cce. I would like to add I have become pretty profficient using remake and I really don't know where I could have screwed up, yet since rebuilder worked with the exact same file I used with remake, it would seem that is where the problem lies. I have used it with copy2, no problems, I have especially used it with IC8(it's re-authoring sucks, yet it's pic quality remains superb))and again had no problems.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

there's a new upgrade of remake in pro, what changes? I'll go look. Have you downloaded it yet?

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes all done.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

I think I know how you can get a copy of DVDremake pro without paying for it, become a beta tester for them.
    I copied this from the fourm.

As was promissed we are working on the second version of the DvdReMake.

To avoid bothering users of DvdReMake1 with the discussion of the bugs (and features) they don't have, a special forum was created for DvdReMake beta testing: http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

Once you are "an accepted beta tester" you will be granted access to it.

There is no special sign up procedure to become a beta tester. Anybody who wants to do it can just mail us (dvdremake at dimadsoft dot com).

We don't promise that anybody will get access to it, but pretty much anybody who knows more or less how dvd works and can provide detailed feadback on found bugs.

There are benefits of being a beta testers, most important, probably, is that you can affect development of the program and can "suit it" to your needs

But before you "apply", please take into account that beta testing is different from just working with the program. Will you have time to not just play with it occasionaly but test it? To run it through different disks, burn disks, preview them; play with it trying to crash; give comments on what is easy to use and what is not, what you think should be added/modified; etc, etc ?

If so - mail us.

http://www.dimadsoft.com - home of DvdReMake and MenuEdit tools

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sophocles, I ran a diagnostic and I've got an ASPI corruption installation problem. You know I used that link you had the other day, You didn't do this to me did you? lol I don't know if that's the problem (my ASPI, not your link), but it needs correcting either way.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I used the same link and my aspi layer is up and running. Have you done a virus scan, what new software have you installed lately? do you still have the file?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm running a virus scan even as we speak, the only software is cce update, win dvd recorder 5 platinum, and remake.... I usually run a virus scan every month, I'll know more after this one finishes. Hey, I was just kidding about the link thing, but I think you probably knew that. I also went to programs and did a repair install to see if that might help. I'll keep ya updated, thanx for the response.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

A lot of people here use force aspi its the easiest and usually safest was for most people who want to install and ASP layer. Most peope use 4.6 because of its stability history even though it hadn't been tested with XP. I you want to change your aspi layer and go back then follow this link.

http://clonecd.gearhost.net/clonecd/forceASPI17.zip

Follow these steps exactly.

* Run dumpASPI to backup your current ASPI layer
    * Run instASPI to install the new ASPI layer
    * Reboot your PC
    * Run aspichk to see if everything worked OK

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

15. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

16. shoeila

shoeila Guest

You got me on the right track with DVDremake Sophocles. The tool was really usefull in advanced mode, where you could remove program chains with more precision. It made Alien Directors Cut single angle rip seem like childs play, heh. A big plus for displaying the instruction codes above the frames. That makes it a lot easier to interpret, even though I had trouble making a complete sense of all the instructions. I experimented and failed, but I guess my scripting didn't work because of my lack of knowledge :p

Still have som buffer overflow problems with CCE, hmm.
    Got it when I tried to process Alien DC, I'm trying Aliens SE, hope that one holds..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2004
  17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Increase your swap/paging file size.

If you make a mistake with your editing you will run into some odd problems. I had one last week, Each and everytime I tried to encode an edited movie it went wrong I failed 4 times in a row. The solution however is laughable. It was the rip that was bad, probably a read errors that went unnoticed by DVD Decrypter but the error stopped CCE right in its tracks. But when it works the results are something else.

Good luck and keep in touch.

18. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I just did my first DVDRemake with multiangles.
    Everything went as planned. Once I got used to the layout it was pretty easy. I wish I had spent more time with it last week.
    Frequency was small enough after remake that it didn't need compresion.
    The matrix is running through CCE as we speek.

I am really impressed at the results from DVDremake so far. I'm excited.

I purchased DVDremake pro but I'm unsure of the added features if anyone knows or has used them.

19. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've been talking with Dimad about writing some guides for DVD Remake, and I now have both the regular and Pro versions. I've only played with it either little bit, but my first impressions are that this is very easy - even the advanced options I've tried out in Pro! I'll have to pry myself away from it for a while so I can get my screenshots finished for my Rebuilder guides, but I'm sold! This is good stuff. I should be able to have a guide for DVD Remake done within a week.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

We'll look forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.