1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, it's pretty amazing how easy it is to operate, especially with all it can do. I, also am very excited about it, to the point of using it when I don't really need to. However, I think a guide would be an excellent idea and would certainly help spread the use of the app. I too, am looking forward to it. If you need any input, I would be happy to oblidge. PS- I finally got it to work with rbldr/cce on M. Gibson's The Patriot. Thing is, I didn't do anything different than the other times, to my knowledge, at least.

2. shoeila

shoeila Guest

I give up..for now.
    I've tried all the possible software ver. combinations I can think of but still Dvdremake fusks up things for rebuilder.
    The bottom line: I can't get the Alien DC disc 1 to work after stripping the alternative theatrical release from the vob files. I get buffer overflow every time dvdrebuilder starts rebuilding phase. Last time I tried (today) I only stripped the angle and nothing else. Guess I have to wait and hope the next ver. of rebuilder supports multiple angles.
    Btw I increased the swap file but I hardly think that is the reason, since I can run other memory hungry applications without a problem (if you specify automatic allocation). Windows should allocate more memory if the program suffers, like when I use photoshop and image ready etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2004
  3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

shoeila

Vurbal is working on a guide, when he's finished perhaps that will help resolve your difficulty. Also I butchered a movie with DVDremake to the point of becoming unplayable but at no did it stop CCE from encoding it. I only discovered the flaws in my editing when I was playing it back.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  4. shoeila

shoeila Guest

A bit ironic, hehe. You "butchered" the movie as you said, and I pay painstakingly attention ensuring there isn't a flaw elsewhere on my disc, besides the anglestrip, that rebuilder would react to. And you get yours to work. Something doesn't smell right :D

I look forward to your guide Vurbal!

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

shoeila, don't give up! I thought i was the only one having this problem. Then brian said he was too. It's such a perfect concept-reauthor with remake then run it thru rbldr/cce= perfect backup! vurbal told me there is no snag with the 2 working together he knows of. I knew it couldn't be my work in remake, cos i used it with IC8 and dvdcopy2 all the time with perfect results. So, where does that leave ya? Damned if I know, but guess what? I did Mel Gibson's The Patriot with remake and rbldr/cce and it came out perfect. So, I do know this- it will work. Now I'm anxious to try it again. We just gotta figure out that 1 little thing that stymies us. My biggest obstacle is the amt. of time it takes to test with rbldr/cce. To do a movie, you just run it while you're asleep. But to test, it's more hands on, and time just seems to drag on and on and on......

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Based on some reading I did on the DVD Remake forums last night I'd say that Mark's Tray DVD Player will do the job. there's a thread about it including download links: http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759&sid=63d6bbb9278b123098d8b634adb9189c
    Hope this helps.

Keep in mind that since Rebuilder is still in beta, you can have a perfectly good DVD that has things it won't handle correctly. It's relatively easy to check for things like Multi-Angles and ILVU (interleaving), but that doesn't mean there won't be something that's completely DVD compliant but still causes problems for Rebuilder. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but it's always possible.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

shoeila

When I said butcher I didn't mean careless I just went to far and somehow broke the chains that link it and therefore making it unworkable. Its the only failure that I've had out of all the movies I've edited with DVDremake. I've just finished editing Cold Mountain but there is little that can be done with remake on this one. There are several foreign language files and I think that is where the savings are going to be.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

thanx vurbal, downloaded tray player, this ought to help speed things up somewhat.

9. vurbal

No problem. I expect to be making the DVD Remake forums a sort of second home for the next few weeks at least. I'll probably have less time to post for a while, especially next week when I have to go to San Francisco for a few days, but I'll certainly pass along whatever I learn there when I have the chance.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

"have to go to Frisco"? You poor boy, I really feel sorry for ya now. lol lol Bring back lots a goodies

11. vurbal

Hey, it's for training. I'm sure it will be all business and no fun at all 8D

12. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

I've done 2 guides so far for DVDReMake and I'm hoping to do a few more

the best thing I've done so far with this tool is join 2 completely different DVD's with full working menu's and extras (guide to come). It has a Title menu that allows you to choose either DVD as if you are physically swapping the DVD's. Should be good for those with dual layer burners

http://www.deano.dsl.pipex.com/dvdremake/guides/episodesplit.htm

http://www.deano.dsl.pipex.com/dvdremake/guides/merge.htm

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD Backup Tools and Guides http://www.Deano.dsl.pipex.com/dvdremake.htm
    http://www.DVDStripper.com[/small]

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

MachemX...Welcome to AD.

Thanks for the guides. I just got RM Pro a few days ago, and have been going through your guides that I found in the ReMake forums. I'm planning on diving in this weekend when I get a block of time. Thanks for your good work, and your informative posts.

14. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

Thanks for the welcome back Doc409 :) but I just haven't posted at AD recently due to lack of time :( (been making guides :))

I hope the guides help you learn a few of things you can do with tool as they are quite specific at the minute

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

MackemX

Welcome, I'll be checking your guides soon. It's nice to have someone with experience using DVDremake, posting here.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

16. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@vurbal,

Hi and it's nice to see you used (still use?) DVDStripper. I can tell you that the chances are that the error you experienced with Farscape may be the IFO's after Ifoedit has finished with them due to Ifoedit unresolved bugs & issues :(. I found a few that affected certain DVD structures and we overcame some by fixing the IFO's afterwards but not all as development slowed right down to a standstill :(

as for DVDRemake question you asked, IIRC it replaces the cell with a blank but also inserts a command to jump

@Sophocles, I've just browsed through the thread and although vurbal has mentioned the thread at cdr-zone I will repeat it just in case people missed it. I'd recommend people don't use PowerDVD as as test player as it plays non-compliant DVD's especially those with stripped content and I learn't the hard way with my Sony DVD last year (now sold :))

I do think the best player to use for playback testing is Mark's Tray DVD Player. For those more advanced it also shows what the parameter values are at any time along with making a log that includes navigation paths. It also will tell you that something is wrong with the DVD if it can tell you what it is

http://videoproductions.com.au/dvd-lab/ is the link and you can look for DVDTrayplayer

I'm still learning about DRM myself but it's nice to know I'm helping others like I did with my previous backup guides

I just wish there was more hours in the day and you didn't have to work for a living :(

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

MackemX

Thanks, I've already joined the CD-R Zone forum and got that information there and I think it was from your post. I've not posted on the forum yet because I don't feel experienced enough using DVDremake but I'm working on it.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

MackemX, welcome or I guess it's welcome back to AD, we can always use more input on remake. Absolutely the best re-authoring tool I've seen out there. Maybe you'll be the one who can help me figure out why I can only get it to work with rbldr/cce once in a blue moon. I'm batting a 1,000 with it and other apps ie. Instantcopy 8 and Intervideo dvdcopy 2. Lokking forward to your guides, I think vurbal is preparing one also. Maybe we'll have a bake off. LOL PS-I just installed Mark's Tray DVD Player, it should help speed up testing in rbldr/cce with remake.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

19. vurbal

MackemX,
    Thanks for the answers. I used DVD Stripper up until I got DVDRemake yesterday. After playing with DRM for a couple of hours I've been already been able to strip The Matrix enough to back it up with DVD-RB so I'm very excited about doing Farscape with it. I still have 3 seasons worth of discs to go so all isn't lost. Plus DVD Stripper actually taught me a lot about DVD menus so I certainly don't regret using it. I started looking at one of your guides for DRM last night, but I get caught up on tangets very easily and I haven't gotten back to it yet. Hopefully I'll get my own basic guide done in the next week or so and then I can move on to the really cool stuff.

For now I'd better get done with the screenshots for my DVD-RB advanced guide before some of the members here lynch me. 8D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I suspect that no one guide is going to fully explain how to use DVDremake unless the structure of a DVD is comprehensively explained.

Another alternative would be to come up with individual movie recipes, which would be very helpful to new and skilled users alike, but a tedious task for its chefs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.