1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Glad to hear about your success, let me know how the strip angles function works. I'm trying to find another multi angled movie in my collection so I can try it again but unfortunately they don't print that information on the case and I've a limited number of Disney films.

BTW Hyenas are members of the canine family, and badgers and wolverines are members of the weasel family and therefore should be reserved for the guy that came up with the DVD structure.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I didn't even realize there WAS another way to remove angles except to hide the blocks, and yes I have the pro version. PS-soph, I have a ton of Disney if you need a couple.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

There is another way (right click strip angles) if only I can get it to work without crashing. Vurbal will look into it but maybe you could too with you large collction of Disney films. I only tried the function with DareDevil and it didn't work.

4. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@vurbal, yes it is as easy as right clicking and selecting remove angles :). There is one drawback and that is if you restore then it will not link the blocks when you view them normally and the overall sizing is also affected :(

another pointer for people is that when you test export be careful you don't make it too short on the time you set it to crop at. I was using 3 seconds to get a quick export and sometimes menu buttons don't kick in until after 3 seconds or even more

There is an option not to crop motion menus and it's worth that little extra wait to export the full motion menu's and only crop the video. If the DVD has long motion menu's then you may want to do it but they may have the buttons at the end of the video so it's up to you. I've started using 5 seconds and full motion menus so that it gives it enough time for the player to react to anything. Ideally it needs 2 settings, one for menu's and one for titles

talking about the Farscape DVD's, there's a few tricks I have seen and learnt that could cripple a few DVD backup tools and I was tempted to email the studios and ask for some money :)

Lion King Special Edition is a multiangle (I think). The con that it is as it's 1 extra cell and a longer one or something like that. That's all the difference is to the normal version on the DVD so it's not worth stripping the few mb's!

5. shoeila

shoeila Guest

Well, now I've tried a mixture of things to get RB/CCE to work with Alien Quadrilogy and remake.

This post will be a bit long, so skip it if it gets boring :)

It goes like this: I used SmartRipper and stripped the angle 1 main title. I left everything else intact. Now, this rip should make only the movie show up on play, and it did. No menu. I then looked at the orginal files from the dvddecrypter full rip and compared the files. I noticed the missing files and just added them (.ifo and .vob files), and guess what. After I modified the menues and nothing else in remake, rebuilder accepted it and I got no overflow errors.

Much of the final product plays fine. Menues functionality perfect, along with all other functions except for those I chose to hide. The only BIG problem is continued playback of the main title. I jump from the menu to say chapter 3 of Alien and then I watch a little while. This is the scene with the discussions of full shares etc, hehe. Suddenly the movie skips to the next chapter, hmm. I retested the strip from SmartRipper and there were no skips present there. So the menu and other files I added must have made that problem present itself.

So close, but still so far. I guess the menues .ifo file must be incompatible with SmartRippers movie only rip or ??

Nice experiment though, wouldn't you say :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2004
  6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

shoeila, nope, it isn't just smartripper. The exact same result for me using dvdstripper, vobblanker, and dvdremake. In fact, I've only gotten one to work after re-authoring with rbldr/cce. My chapters would play, then skip to the next one, or the 1st 5 or 6 chapters would just skip to the next until one would play after about a 30sec. play in each. Or, it would skip back to menu. I just got one to work using remake and have no idea how. I can use the exact same re-authored files in any other prog and they work. So somebody please tell me!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  7. shoeila

shoeila Guest

OK. I say screw the interleaved cells error I get with rebuilder! I KNOW I have removed the angle 2 with decrypter. I also reauthored a bit with remake, but only the menues. I'll try to run CCE/RB despite the message and see if it's only a latent "mark" or leftover in some of the .ifo files. I'll let you know how this turns out.

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I find it very interesting that people have had such problems getting modified DVDs to work with DVD-RB just because I've had 100% success. The Farscape disc I ran through DRM today was the first one of that series I haven't had to re-encode, so I can't say I've had success with it yet, but I've used IfoEdit to strip out multiple angles (don't remember the movie) and then used RB on it with no problem. I tried doing the removing angles with Decrypter and then using IfoEdit to correct the IFOs, but DVD-RB still threw up an error, which is why I tried doing the entire operation in IfoEdit in the first place.

If anyone wants to try IfoEdit for removing angles, let me know and I can provide instructions.

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

So far I have been pleased with the Remake then CCE/rebuilder results.
    Matrix was a challenge but when I compared the Shrink reauthor screen to DVDremake I understood the blocks to hide and it worked fine.
    Rebuilder has only balked when I put in a multiangle movie without remaking first.
    I did the 2nd disc from planet of the apes and it worked fine after remake. It had an episode like layout. I haven't done any actual episode DVDs though.

10. dimad

dimad Regular member

@Sophocles
    I'm curious what you call "angles" :) There is a limit of 9 angles for any DVD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.dimadsoft.com - home of MenuEdit and DvdReMake tools[/small]

11. dimad

dimad Regular member

@shoeila
    I can't find if it was mentioned somewhere here, but you can convert interleaved cells into plain cells with DvdReMake (just rightlick on interleaved block (marked as ILVU) and select "split interleaved").

I guess RB should have no problems with such disk after that.

12. shoeila

shoeila Guest

vurbal
    I'd love to know how you use IfoEdit to remove angles. I've had a look at the program and I figured out where the angle information is placed in the .ifo files. But I haven't done anything more than that. Could you provide some details vurbal?

BTW I've found out that the problem with playback of discs ripped with dvddecrypter or smartripper f.ex. is the ifo file. It is related to copying over the original files, specially the video_ts.ifo file. If you try running the vob file without initating the ifo file, the movie plays fine! So it has nothing to do with reauthoring causing the problem as far as I can tell (again I might be mistaken, I'm making assumptions on little data).

Anyways, what I understand from this is that vurbals success might be in using ifoedit to make the ifo files compatible with the vob files!

Dimad
    That won't work with rebuilder I believe. You get the same results as if you hide the one ver. of the disc, don't you? I might be mistaken here, so I'll give it a try and manually split every ILVU frame/segment.
    Thanks for the suggestion Dimal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2004
  13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

dimad

Welcome aboard I may have miscounted the angles because it was the first multi angled movie I ever did and I didn't write anything down. I'm new at using DVDremake like everyone else here. I was unable to use the feature strip all anlges and because each time I tried it crashed so I chose hide all blocks instead. But whatever I did the movie backed up successfully.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Dimad, I was unaware of the strip angle feature, so I, like sophocles, used "hide Blocks" and it worked fine. However I am going to try it on a Disney movie and see how it turns out. Now, if I could just get it to work with rebuilder/cce!(altho my last attempt did work, I'm still holding my breath). I have come to the conclusion that rbldr/cce is very fickle when it comes to using re-authored files. lol That is by no means a criticism of the app, just an inability on my behalf, I suspect.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

dimad

Did I mention that if some of these folks don't get dvdremake and DVDrebuilder/CCE to work that I may have to change my handle and return to AD as am unknown newbie.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

16. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Sophocles,
    Then we'll just have to get it working for them won't we. This is too good a tool to not be able to use.

Shoeila,
    I have to go out for a couple of hours. I'll post the IfoEdit instructions as soon as I get back.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

The funny thing is in my clumsy meandering through the DVD's structure I've done over a dozen backups and only had one fail.

18. shoeila

shoeila Guest

Vurbal

np, I'm on "vacation" now and writing preliminary theory and possible angles (yes, angles again, hehe) etc on my master degree project, so I have all the time in the world :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, changing your handle wouldn't work, in the short time I've come to know you, I would definitely recognize it was you no matter what your "handle" stated. signed, got the last one to work HA HA HA(that means in your face lol)

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, I can use remake, have been using it with InstantCopy 8 and DVDcopy 2 with no problems. It's a great tool, hell I had it before either of you. I just can't get it to work in rebuilder/cce,(i'm crying now, you just can't see me) What's driving me crazy is that the same files I re-authored in remake work in the other apps. So, that can't be the problem, it's got to be something I'm doing in rebuilder. But, I swear, If I go straight into rebuilder without using a reauthoring prog then those files work fine also and again no problems. So that indicates I'm doing everything right in rebuilder/cce. I've done several movies that required no re-authoring, they had no extras, they were just looooong, and they turned out fantastico. My last attempt worked, and to my knowledge, I did nothing different. Isn't it enuff to drive you crazy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.