1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimad

dimad Regular member

@sophocles
    You should've posted something in DvdReMake bugs forum ( http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 ). Can you now? Can you reproduce the crash with latest versoin and describe what one needs to do to crash the program? Would greatly appreciate.

There is one thing I don't understand: How "Hide all blocks" can be used instead of "Strip angles"?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

dimad

I'll rip DareDevil again later today and give it a try because you are correct in that I was using an older version. I came across DVDremake on a CDinfo web site and only joined the DVDremake forum recently. I'll get back to you today.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

diad

I've just finished ripping DareDevil and I know you said that there are no more than 9 angles but I'm looking at DVDremake pro and I see angles 1 through 12.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

dimad

I've just tried to strip angles from DareDevil and it crashed again, here is the info. At the top of the message, Microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library. Then Program:...r and DVDremake\DVDremake\DVDremake Pro\DVDremake Pro.exe. Abnormal Program Termination. And that's it.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Removing Unwanted Angles With IfoEdit

1. Start IfoEdit and click the Open button. Browse to the IFO file for the VTS with multiple angles.

2. Click the VOB Extras Button. A popup window will appear with a bunch of options on it.

3. Select Strip Streams, Strip VobIDs, Correct Vob-Unit (Navigation Pack) pointers in VOB-files, Correct Original IFO files, Remove P-UOps, Remove Macrovision, Remove Ilvu/Angle point, Adjust Vob-Unit pointers, Adjust Audio/Subp point, Remove Angles, and AutoCopy Menu-files to destination. Also select the angle you want to keep from the Keep Angle dropdown.

4. Use the button to the right of the Destination Directory field to browse to the directory you want to save the new files in and click the OK button.

5. A Stream List window will appear. Make sure any languages you want to keep are checked, both for audio and subtitles. Click the Strip It button.

6. Make sure all VOB-IDs are checked unless there are some you want to remove. Click the Strip It button.

7. When it's finished, you'll have a new version of that titleset in your destination directory. If you need to remove angles from another VTS, repeat the process from #1. You may have to close and re-open IfoEdit to remove angles from another VTS (I do anyway) otherwise it may have the Remove Angles checkbox greyed out even if there are multiple angles in the VTS.

8. Look at the source DVD and copy each VTS that wasn't stripped with IfoEdit to your destination directory. Also copy VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP, and VIDEO_TS.VOB.

9. Open VIDEO_TS.IFO in your destination directory with IfoEdit and click the Get VTS Sectors button. Click OK each time you're prompted, and when it's done you'll have a single angle DVD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

dimad

Sorry I missed the last part of your question. I have no idea how hide all blocks worked but it did. After failing to get the strip all angles function to work I became frustrated. I then went to all of the title sets before the one that contained the main movie and selected hide all blocks. I was Then able TO use DVDrebuilder and CCE which rejected the movie previously but now it worked. Its playing as I am writing this so that I can look for any flaws I might have missed. The movie start right at the 20 century splash screen.

7. dimad

dimad Regular member

@Sophocles
    We either call different things angle or somethig is wrong in DRM. Can you mail me (support at dimadsoft dot com) a zip with screenshot with 12 angles and all ifo files from that disk?

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.dimadsoft.com - home of MenuEdit and DvdReMake tools[/small]

8. dimad

dimad Regular member

@vurbal
    May be something has changed in the very latest (.96 I think) version, but before there were some problems removing angles with IfoEdit.

9. vurbal

I never tried it with 0.95 (the first version I had) because I didn't have a clue what I was doing (just followed some guides and crossed my fingers), but I've used 0.96 on some Disney movies and they play fine. Of course that doesn't mean that it works exactly right, but it does appear to. Fortunately now that I have DRM I won't have to worry about it any more.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

10. shoeila

shoeila Guest

Thanks for the instructions vurbal!!
    I'll give it a try shortly :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2004
  11. vurbal

No problem. Let us know how it turns out.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

I too would like to thank you for posting the instructions for IFOedit. I'll give them a try tomorrow. We have perhaps forgotten a little of the original purpose of this thread and that was DVDremake and other tools. But we can always count on you to keep us ontrack with something that's free while you check out DVDremake.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

13. shoeila

shoeila Guest

[bold]Vurbal[/bold]

Sorry to say it didn't work.

The discs that's bugging my ass is the Alien Quadrilogy pack, as I've said earlier. There is A LOT of cell interleaving going on on theses discs, might be what's causing so much pain for me. The symptom is, as it has been lately, that the disc skips like a maniac after you've watched a short while (10-15 sec).

Do you think a newer ver. of dvdremake would help? I'm using v. 1.4.6. And this program seems to do the job best. I get a perfect result except CCE/RB won't have it.

Could the PAL standard influence the outcome of the ripping process, program incompatibility etc??

[bold]Bigorgange[/bold] - I feel with you man, we seem to have the same problem. Everything else I've tested with CCE/RB works fine. Every single time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2004
  14. vurbal

I just ran the Matrix through Rebuilder yesterday (after removing all the ILVU and some other crap with DRM), and unfortunately it chokes on one of the blank cells while rebuilding. I'm going to start from scratch on it so I have detailed information to post on the DRM forums if it fails again. I'm also trying another tool for Rebuilder called RB-Keeper. It allows you to keep some original cells (or in this case Remake's cells), and I'm hoping it will allow me bypass Rebuilder's issues with the problem cell. What's strange is that it doesn't happen with the first several blanks, so if I can just figure out the difference between the ones that work and the one it stops on I'll be in business.

15. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@vurbal, is your Matrix region 1 or 2?, I have region 2 here

have you compared the before and after DRM IFO's? and do you have them handy as they may be required if you have more issues

are you hiding the blocks?. I haven't loaded Matrix into DRM but what about replacing it with blank blocks from the Matrix DVD instead of hiding them?

Does your output have the 0kb VOB files still?

@shoeila, you not got version 2 yet? I know its extra to upgrade to PRO but it's worth it ;)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD Backup Tools and Guide

http://www.Deano.dsl.pipex.com/dvdremake/dvdremake.htm
    http://www.DVDStripper.com[/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  16. vurbal

MackemX,
    It's Region 1. Just to make sure I understand you, are you suggesting replacing the the blocks I blanked the first time with blocks that were blank on the original? I hadn't thought of that, but I guess it makes sense. I didn't get any 0kB VOBs, but the 2 titlesets that I hid completely, 1 and 3, are 90kB and 80kb respectively.

Oh, and thanks for the info on Mark's Tray DVD Player. I've used it a little, and I find the amount of information it gives me amazing. Unfortunately I can't use it right now because somehow Cyberlink's DirectShow filters became unregistered and I can't register them again - even if I uninstall and reinstall PowerDVD.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Wow! What a great thread this is turning out to be, great discussions. Vurbal, makemX, and diad just remember to throw a bone every now and then to those of us who are still stepping through the learning curve.

18. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles...
    for a guy like me some of it does seem like a foreign language...but I'm trying to keep up. I picked up DareDevil...as you suggested...last night and plan to dig in this weekend. If I get too lost, I'll dig out a Disney. I'm anxious to see how user-friendly ReMake Pro is going to be...by using Shrink as the baseline of my experience with re-authoring.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

MackemX, that tray player is an awesome tool, what a relief knowing when you go to burn there are no surprizes in store after checking all your work with that little gem. Hip Hip HOOrah!

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

[bold]MackemX, that tray player is an awesome tool, what a relief knowing when you go to burn there are no surprizes in store after checking all your work with that little gem. Hip Hip HOOrah![/bold]

How long does it take you to check the movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.