1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Not too bad, of course it's going to add a little time, but in fast mode about 15 minutes, most of that is in menu checking my work in remake. links: http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759&sid=63d6bbb9278b123098d8b634adb9189c

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  2. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@vurbal, yeah that's what I mean about using a donor blank from the original. Though it's a longshot you never know :) as the more things you try the sooner you find a solution ;)

as for the 0kb, I'm talking about the original VOB sizes as I recall Matrix has at least one 0kb Menu VOB. Processing with some tools removes this VOB as it's not referenced in the IFO's and Nero moans at it also if you burn afterwards if it is there. DVDStripper also removed this VOB (well DVDDecrypter never ripped it) and created a non compliant DVD but we soon fixed that

@Sophocles, we have all hit the learning curve at one stage :). I remember when I first opened Ifoedit while reading a guide and said sod that and closed it :D. A few hours later (well endless hours hunting around them) I feel rather comfortable within a DVD structure and try to help others with what I've learnt

@all, mark's player is a great tool if you like messing around with your DVD's due to it's extra features

@Doc409, if you just use DVDReMake to look through the DVD to select your editing then you may find it overwhelming. If you play the DVD first with Marks player you can then make a note of the VTS/PGC's you want to keep/remove as it tells you what is playing at any time as well as the register values. Once you have your notes then using DRM will be simple as it's the notes you make will allow you to find the crap a lot quicker :)

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! I use it too but it takes too long to check and it's easier to just blow away a couple of $.60 discs. Like we need another 15 to 20 minutes added to a "DVDremake/DVDrebuilder/CCE" backup. At this rate it's going to take hours to get a stable playing disc backed. Beyond improving ourselves climbing the learning curve, what's the point?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I never thought about using it First......before going into remake, I was just checking afterwards.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

@MackemX

[bold]@Sophocles, we have all hit the learning curve at one stage :)[/bold]

I don't have a problem with the "learning curve," but perhaps Doc409 does. If what we're doing here is only for the few of us who "gets it," then we've isolated our interests to serve a very small population of people. We need to bring people aboard not confuse them.

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

@MachemX...Thanks for the tip on Mark's Tray Player before going into ReMake. I think it will prove invaluable. I have already "played" with both programs (Mark's and RMP) to get the feel of their interfaces...but will wait until I have some time this weekend to concentrate on it . I think I would be fooling myself if I thought that I should be able to get through this by dabbling at it. It's not a one-clicker!!!

@Sophocles...you make a very good point above...and I do expect a steep learning curve. I think taking this on comes down to motivation...and boredom. I see ReMake as a natural progression beyond the current re-author limitations of Shrink, and it is fun to learn something new - especially if it can be a quick-study. I know that there are other tools that a select group uses, but I lack a combination of time and patience to make them work. I guess what I am saying here is that I fall within that "market niche" that is willing to spend an hour or two backing up my new DVD's exactly the way I want them. But if I have to make an occupation out of it, I already have one of those. It is also my own observation that the DVD back-up market is likely 75% one-clickers, 20% "Level I" re-authors, and 5% serious "Level II" re-authors. I am currently in the 20% Level I.

The thing is...any time there is a movement toward change or progress, there are always a few trailblazers for the rest of us. That is how I see the group on this thread. These type's of peolpe are essential for the change process. I also see dimadsoft as trying to craft a product where my 20% group can get the results that the 5% group is now getting...and to do so with a minimal learning curve. I see myself as a good test of this.

I think that in answer to Sophocles concern...perhaps I should share a "newbee's" experience with ReMake in another thread come next week...and let this one take its course. It has certainly pulled in a lot of good people.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think that we should keep this thread for advanced users and have another for beginners. I've started a new thread related to what we are doing here but for beginners instead. They should be directed to post all of their questions there.

BTW and we should all be prepared to help them.

The beginners link'

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/92614
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Words of wisdom. Like MackemX, I remember when I first tried to copy a DVD and opened up IfoEdit. I'm very rarely intimidated by a piece of software, but that program made absolutely no sense to me. When I decided to try out stripping extra angles with it a couple of months ago I hadn't used it for anything (besides Get VTS Sectors) since the first version of DVD Shrink came out. I was amazed that I didn't have to look anything up in a guide even though I'd never tried doing it before. Fortunately the software we have available to backup DVDs is light years ahead of where it was when I started (that was days before DVDXCopy came out of beta), and it's a lot easier to help people get started. The real revolution of the last year or so (as I see it) is the proliferation of tools with great interfaces for doing complicated things. I consider DRM to be the ultimate "easy interface for complicated operations" software right now. I still have a little bit of a hard time understanding IfoEdit when it comes to analyzing a disc's structure, but with DRM I can follow (most of) the commands and see what's going on. Now we just need to help more people do that and the rest is easy. I'm also glad to see so many people who are willing to forego the shortcuts and learn whatever's necessary to get exactly the backup they want. There's room for everybody's way of doing things, but the more interest there is in the more complex methods, the more accessible it will get (and the more tools there'll be that I'm interested in).

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

excellent analysis and "right on the money."

10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles...thanks much for starting the "Beginner's Corner." Clearly I don't know enough to add anything of substance here in this thread...yet...but I've learned enough, and was given enough help, to get me on my way through yet another "right of passage" in the art of DVD re-authoring. Thanks to all.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It was for you and others like you Doc. Just stay the course.

12. vurbal

Doc409,
    I agree. Sophocles' beginners thread is the missing link we need to help more people get started - especially the ones who aren't sure whether they're really interested or not. And don't worry, you'll probably be surprised to find yourself answering one of those hard questions one of these days, and realize that you've learned a lot more than you think. Just pass what you know on when you can. If you'd told me when I started that I'd be writing guides for using CCE and AviSynth I'd have said you were insane.

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles and vurbal...Thanks for the encouragement...and I will be sure to balance the other side of the "reciprocity" equation by sharing my knowledge with others.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  14. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@Sophcocles, don't get me wrong in what I've said above. I'm just expressing the point that everyone was a newbie once and above all one thing I hate is a newbie basher and enjoy bashing the bashers sometimes :D. I don't expect everyone to learn to the degree some have but I'm actually saying I understand exactly how some peoplee are feeling right now as if we are talking double dutch ;). I've knew this is a forum for advanced users but that doesn't mean only advanced users can read and post here :)

when I started I struggled with Ifoedit and found very little info on how to use and abuse it. Once I got my head around it I wrote a couple of basic guides with a few pics and was amazed when I got over 60,000 hits in the first month online. I didn't realise how many people were also in the same boat as I was a few months earlier. I also think those guides evolved and were also copied by some major software companies but that's a different story ;). Vurbal seems to be doing exactly the same as what I did with his guides :).I guess I was a nobody from nowhere with nothing to do as I was on the sick for a year and ever since then I have become hooked on testing and helping people regarding DVD's and not just online as I've always been helpful when I can

I guess in life it's easy to show people what to do but it's much harder to make them follow it and understand. That's why we are here though to guide them :) though I will probably be more in the DRM forum as time is limited right now :( as I cannot hang around every DVD forum

@Doc409, you are right in what you say as DRM does bridge the gap between using major reauthoring tools and one clickers for most users. DVDStripper tried to take away part of the learning curve also but the GUI and workings didn't really help regarding newbies though some did appreciate that it cut out Ifoedit and Ifoedit users also appreciated the results and time you saved. If you put a little effort in you get some great results regarding DVD's :) but even now DRM may scare some people off. The great thing is when you look back once you do understand it better and then realise what was meant in the first place :) and pass on your knowledge to others. I've done it a few times when I've read an old guide or post and finally understood it :D

p.s. would you believe I don't even back DVD's up. I just don't have the time to even watch them never mind back them up so I'm happy just hanging around forums and doing the odd guides

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

MackemX

No offense taken, I knew you meant no harm by it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  16. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Good morning,

On the problem with DVDrebuilder error 0004 and 0003 on rebuild. I have been reading through the DVDrebuilder forums and It looks like a number of responses said the problem doesn't occur with CCE basic 2.67.
    I have the latest 2.69.1.10 but can't find 2.67.
    I have emailed for an older 2.67 but no response yet.

Does anyone else have Basic 2.67 CCE basic?

I noticed there wasn't much interest in solving the problem if DVDremake or other applications were involved.

17. vurbal

I have an older copy, but unfortunately it's on my fileserver which is down at the moment because it needs a video card. I'll be putting one in it as soon as possible, but that may not be for a couple of weeks. If you find somewhere to get the older version, please post it for anyone else interested. Otherwise I'll let everyone know when I have my fileserver up and running again and I can send it to anyone (who already has a CCE Basic license) who wants to try it out.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, do you think using the older version of CCE would solve my problems in RB/CCE As far as using remake with them? It seems that my first success was with the older version, but I'm not sure. I've had so many attempts they are all starting to merge with one another in my mind. LOL I'll have to check into that. HAPPY 4TH!!!!!

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I found the last 2.67 version from the CCE basic download web site.I got to it from the link in the program under about. It was different from the site I got the purchased file from.
    I'll try it and see.

20. vurbal

Cool. Let us know how it turns out. I'm unlikely to switch back to any version before 2.69 for general use, since versions older than that don't allow you to set Quantization Characteristics, but if I run into problems and that will fix them it would still be a better option than no backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.