1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDs from a set-top box on my PC

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by GODCYPH, Jul 13, 2007.

1. GODCYPH

GODCYPH Guest

I recently purchased a set-top dvd recorder. I want to take DVDs burned from this unit and rip them onto my PC. I am using Slysoft's AnyDVD and CloneDVD2/CloneDVD Mobile software, but they are getting errors when trying to open the VOB files. Upon cursory inspection, the discs produced by the set-top box appear to have the same structure as pressed or copied dvds. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I can simply drag the VIDEO-TS folder from the DVD to the desktop from a DVD-RW that I use for recording - or DVD Decrypter if I want an ISO.
    Unless the actual disk is bad I cant see why it would act up.

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Samsung DVD-r recorders are notorious for not playing in many other devices, I've had luck running them through DVDDecrypter-file mode, then cycling them through CloneDVD2 to get them to play on relative's settop standalones. It may work for you.

4. GODCYPH

GODCYPH Guest

Thanks for the info. Slysoft, Inc., the makers of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, got back to me and told me that, basically, AnyDVD was looking at the disc as a copyright disc, which of course it was not. Their solution (disable AnyDVD when using these discs) worked 100%. Maybe this information will help someone with a similar problem! Thanks again.