1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Easycap Device, Want to capture video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by eminutia, Dec 18, 2009.

1. eminutia

eminutia Member

Hi. I recently purchased an Easycap device, and it came with ULead software to capture video, but the size of the video file is too big, and I've tried other video capture software but the final video always turns out off-time (audio and video not synced). Anyone have any suggestions on what software I can use so that the video is properly synced?

2. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Have you solved this yet? It'll start out around 4.3 gigs but if you shrink it, you're looking at around 1.3. Not a very big file. Try to remember, the software was designed for the Easycap so if it isn't working, it's how your settings are chosen and not the wrong software.
    I'm no expert, but I'd spent many hours with the ECap, it's very good at what it does. Ask away.

3. devtey070

devtey070 Member

i have got the easycap with ulead i changed the capture settings to mpeg and i get about 90 mins to a gig

4. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

That's very good, when you rip a bunch in short order, they can really log-jam your HD and you don't want to delete any till you play it back in a standalone DVD to test your burn.
    I use VLC as suggested, but I can't figure out why it's any more useful than say burning to a Rewriteable, ultimately, isn't your "quality check" going to be in 1 to 1 real time no matter how you preview your burn? Maybe one of the old timers can help us out?

5. RealGem

RealGem Member

Hi,

I recently bought Magix Rescue Your Videotapes from Amazon.

It had the highest ratings and I noticed other people were complaining about how big the files were, but I wasn't worried as I have a 1TB external hard drive.

BUT!

I haven't needed all that space because the files that the capture produces in Magix are only in kb!

They only swell up when burned to DVD. I must admit I haven't got the completed video files on my hard drive as I only wanted them on DVD, but this may be a great workaround if you're stuck for space.

Once you click "Complete Movie" in the editing part, you are given 4 options: Save on your PC, Burn DVD, Upload to Youtube and upload to Magix photo album (free registration) so I bypassed the saving it and just burned the DVD.

With the issue about synced pic and audio, one of my exercise tapes turned out perfect and another was very slightly off.

As one was ok, I tried the other one again using Magix and it was ok second try.

Perhaps you could try again using your existing software, and if not, try Magix.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010