1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using effects in Adobe Premiere Pro

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Smuggler, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Smuggler

Smuggler Guest

I'm working on some old VHS footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and i'm using Steadymove to improve the quality of the clips. Problem is that the clips have a date/time stamp in the lower left corner which is permanently visible. When i apply Steadymove to the whole clip the date/time moves all over the place. Is there a way to apply the effect just to a part of the screen (and leave the lower left corner out of it e.g.).

thanks a lot in advance !

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t know about Applying a Effect or filter to only part of the Frame in Premier but It believe it is Possible in After Effects , You Can also Crop off the Bottom of the Frame were the Timestamp is therefor removeing the timestamp all together..And I know Virtual Dub has a Filter called a De-Logo filter which you can use to Blend the Pixels around were the Timestamp is and in effect Blurring the Timestamp into the Backround, I have used this filter on DVD screeners that Have a Timestamp in the Top corner and the Filter made the Timestamp allmost Invisible in some Parts but in other Parts it looked Like a Blurry area at the Top corner of the screen...well These are the Only things I could think of to get rid of the Timestamp but if the Timestamp is Small and is really close to the Bottom of the screen then I would try Cropping a few Pixels off of the Bottom of the Frame....well good Luck