1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using Icopydvds2 error message cannot Archive Text

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mlw52, Sep 18, 2004.

1. mlw52

mlw52 Member

I've been using Icopydvds2 with dvd43 and it was working until now. Today it is giving me two messages: (1) Cannot Archive Text and, (2) Unable to createVob. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? The face is green. Can downloading Service Pack 2 for WinXP do that? If so , is there a fix? Or are the current DVD's coming out with a new way of stopping copy? Help! Thank you!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. mlw52

mlw52 Member

Thank you for your suggestion, but now I have another problem. I used dvd shrink to bring the movie down to size by reauthering it and I have it stored on my hard drive. But now while using dvd decrypter to try to burn the dvd copy, it won't recognize the files on my hard drive? They are video_ts files on the hard drive. What am I doing wrong? The dvd shrink program sees them in read mode but not in write mode. Nothing comes up as supported files in that folder on hard drive when asked to find them to write or burn. The window comes up looking for supported files and sees none in the folder. But if I call up all files, it sees them. Is my ASPI wrong? How do I check for that? Or is it something else? Thanks for any help you can give me.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter only burns your .ISO image [you need to check your DVD Shrink settings & turn off Burn w/ Nero by the sounds of it cos you didn't get an .ISO output].
    If you have Nero then just use that in DVD-Video mode to burn these files on your HDD...