1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using ipod as hard drive for camcorder

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by timsheard, May 4, 2007.

1. timsheard

timsheard Member

I want to use my video ipod as the hard drive for a camcorder. Does anyone know how to induce the ipod to begin recording directly form an mpeg4 device, such as a camcorder, without first going thru a computer and itunes? I'm looking for a palm-size total video capability.

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

As far as I know, there is no way to get files onto an iPod other than going through a computer.

3. timsheard

timsheard Member

Thank you for the comment. Since the Catapult is a device that streams video directly to the iPod (manufacturing delayed due to problems with the factory), somebody has figured out how to turn on the iPod and get it to record. Belkin did it with the microphone. I think there must be some way to stream data from a camcorder into the iPod - perhaps by downloading instructions into the iPod to recognize the camera, which has an mpeg4 out port.
    Thank you, Tim Sheard

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

There MAY be something that you can attach to the iPod that will get it to recognise the camcorder files, but I don't think so.