1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Mobile phone to open my electric gates

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by Saharah, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Saharah

Saharah Member

I have heard you can use your mobile phone to open electric gates. Is this easy or is there cost involved by having to get other software to do it. Buzzer costs 100 euro. I need something cheaper. Is it possible???

2. Mez

Mez Active member

As long as you are very trusting. I worked for a few years at the FTC. That is a branch of the US government that polices business. If a citizen or a group of citizens thinks a business is doing something wrong they are the ones that can do something about it. If the situation warrants it they will terrorize who ever they are. They broke up the largest corporation in the US because they thought they were too powerful to be bullied by the FTC. While I was there they made front page news by pulling the CEO of the largest bank in the US out of a board meeting. If he didn't go they would arrest him and anyone else who interfered with the investigation. The raid was timed to catch him in the meeting to make front page news across the US. The bank owned a small dept collector operation. The FTC warned the business as a whole that their community was harassing the public unlawfully. Anyone that persisted may expect retribution from the FTC. I assure you no one was harassed after that. I would not have wanted to be the president or even top management for the debt collecting agency! They were likely all fired.

While I was there the organization of security professionals complained to the FTC. The security companies that sell security cameras had minimum security and could be hacked into by non hackers in minutes. Maybe the security is much tighter were you live but I would not trust that my gate was secure after giving up control to the cloud. You just need to decide is your security worth 100 EU?

I suspect installing a smart devise will be more costly than installing a buzzer unless you will need to pay a monthly fee to open your gate.

3. Kevin Walker

Kevin Walker Newbie

Good day Saharah,

Yes, you can open your gate through your mobile phone. However, you definitely need install IOT based system with you gate. Even you can make your appliances smart and you can operate through mobile. This system is totally IOT based.

Cheers.