1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using nero to convert cd to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by run71, Apr 14, 2005.

1. run71

run71 Member

Hi guys,
    Can someone help me please. I want to back up some of my cd's to mp3 format and then burn them to a cd in mp3 format. I have nero 6 ultra edition, can someone please advise me if it is possible to do this with nero 6? I know how to burn mp3 to cd, but not the other way around.If it is possible, please provide details or a link to a site etc.
    Thanks guys,
    run71

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

3. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

You can do this, but I have the feeling that other people are going to tell you to use something other than Nero to encode to MP3. I've read on these forums that Nero has a crappy encoder, never tried it myself. Anyways, when you open the Nero Startsmart make sure you have CD selected & highlight the music symbol(clef?). You'll see all the different things you can do. Click on, Convert Audio CD's to Audio Files, & bingo your there. Now, when I tried this it said I have to Register to use the "Powerpack MP3 Encoder". So I did & now have to wait for an E-Mail from them!! I would use Audiograbber found here to load onto my PC. http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/ . Some would say to use EAC, I've never used it but they say it's a good one. Ther are a lot of threads here talking about it though. If you need help with Audiograbber just PM me & maybe I can help. Good Luck!!

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Definately use EAC as it has proven to be the best. With it's alt preset extreme setting is creates the best mp3's around.