1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using OCD to copy handwritten text into Times New Roman

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Kafka, Jun 1, 2019.

1. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I wonder if the OP found something that will do what he wishes.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Cursive varies from person to person and some cursive writing is difficult for humans to decipher. So what chance does a computer application have? It might get some words right, some words wrong, and stop functioning on some words altogether. This would require the user to carefully make comparisons between the original and the copy and that defeats the purpose of using an OCR application to save time. So in the end he will probably have to do everything the old fashioned way. His best bet would've been to use a speech to text application and maybe he's given that a try, and if so, then maybe he'll pop in to tell us how things are going.

3. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I was hoping that he would respond. If he found success with an app, it would help someone else with the same problem. Too many threads are left open-ended.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There's always a good chance he will respond but unless he's trying speech to text I don't think he will have much to report.