1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Original controller on the 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by slyfox117, Mar 25, 2007.

1. slyfox117

slyfox117 Member

does anyone know a way to use an Xbox s controller on a 360? is there a way to attatch a usb head to the original cord?

2. handsom

handsom Regular member

Technicaly speaking, there should be a way. However, both the original xbox and the xbox 360(wired) are technically USB. As such, they have a USB identification code programmed into each of them, which identifies them to the system they're plugged into. Without that identification, the system won't acknowledge/recognize/use them.

The only way I can forsee this being an option, would be to find a converter box, that changed the hardware ID in the signal, to make the 360 recognize it. I've seen it with a few other things. Unfortunately, I've never seen one for this particular purpose, and I don't know that I ever will.

It may not be the answer you wanted, but that's what it comes down to...

3. Zeeman79

Zeeman79 Member

What about using X360 controller with a USB adapter on the original Xbox? Is this possible?

4. handsom

handsom Regular member

Linux will detect it, but the xbox won't.

5. Zeeman79

Zeeman79 Member

I guess Team Xecuter or Evox need to update their BIOS to make it compatible. Which I highly doubt will happen :-(

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

Yeah, I don't really foresee that, not that I would mind persay, I just don't particularly see it becoming a reality any time soon...