1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Remake in conjunction with Rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by -Marlin-, Sep 24, 2005.

1. -Marlin-

-Marlin- Regular member

Can I edit a movie with DVD Remake (delete PGCs etc..) and then open the files into DVD Rebuilder to compress them with CCE?

Thanks

2. zest

zest Member

yes this works great,dont forget dvdremake pro also allows you to convert a menu to a still picture, i just figured this out and saved 400mg on gladiator, just on this alone

3. -Marlin-

-Marlin- Regular member

Ahhh good... yeah RM Pro rocks!

Thanks for the response

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Just remember, if you have problems with DVD-RB you won't get any help from jdobbs if you didn't start with an unprocessed source. Having said that, I use DRM Pro for every backup and never have any problems.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

-Marlin-

Glad to see you got DRM working and that you are happy with it.

Mort

6. -Marlin-

-Marlin- Regular member

Vurbal,

Yeah, I may never need to do that but for some movies like Panic Room which need to be compressed, the credits for some reason aren't a completely seperate VTS from the main movie, and I wouldn't be able to cut them with RB....but you are right, if I can help it, and don't need any compression I will be using RM.

Mort81,

Am I ever happy with it, superb program, and very easy to use, I LOVE the fact that you can edit/hide buttons and also that it skips the blank cells automatically without me having to dink around with PGCedit, pretty neat stuff.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Mort...... I love using the Batch Processing in DVDRB! I set up 5 DVDs, used Batch in DVDRB, went to bed and in the morning there were my folders..... ready to burn! All perfect! Love it!

8. dimad

dimad Regular member

Don't know if anybody uses it, but there is a batch processing in DvdReMake as well. You can do all the editing in several projects and then let it export all of them. Just an info :D

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I didn't know that Dimad! Very interesting..... but I like to use Remake on a one to one basis unless I am merging 2 DVDs! But, I am open to new ways to do things..... I like the idea of batch processing with Rebuilder..... I might think about doing the same with Remake!

10. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Since I usually backup 2-3 movies at a time I normally use DRM's batch mode before doing the same in DVD-RB. The only exception is when I have a particularly complex DVD to edit (ie Star Wars, LoTR). For those types of movies I need to extensively test the menus and usually do them 1 at a time in both DRM and DVD-RB.