1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using srt2sup and combing video files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ger08, Feb 16, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

alright i want to add subtitles to my avi file and for some reason when i go to open as text my file is nowhere to be found, so ive tried typing it in and then when it comes up i press the okay that comes up but it says cannot open file am i doing something wrong? also i have two video files with one video like this : Video : 615 MB, 940 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 592*320 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported and one like this Video : 62 MB, 401 Kbps, 10.0 fps, 352*240 (4:3), MP43 = Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3, Supported..ive tried virtual dub and it wont let me combine them so what do i do from there?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I havent understood which files did you open. To add subtitles, try with e.g. BsPlayer the subtitle is correct, yhen add it with Vitualdub (after having converted the subtitle from .SRT to SSA).

To join them they mush be extremaly similar, and therefore:
    - If they have the same resolution and FPS there's no problem (simply open one with VirtualDub then do File___Append AVI segment and append the 2nd)
    - If not, convert them to the same thing (e.g. to mpegs with TMPGenc, then join them with TMPGenc --- MPEG Tools ---- Merge & Cut)

3. ger08

ger08 Member

alright well i tried just encoding them both with tmpgenc express (which is still as slow as tmpgenc are there any faster encoding programs?) and at about 41% it said there was an error and the one with the wierd Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3...and im not sure what ur asking about what files i opened i just followed the srtsup instructions on the avi to dvdr guide but it wont open my avi file

4. ger08

ger08 Member

anyone know anything it happens to me with every avi movie i have it wont see it but when i type in the file name (of the movie) it wont open