1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using the ms dashboard after mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by arkain, Dec 17, 2003.

1. arkain

arkain Member

im trying to set up evox to be able to access the ms dashboard. also trying the same thing with unleashx. i followed the instructions that say to rename the original xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe, then in the ini file i set it up to use c:\msxboxdash.xbe for the ms dashboard. when i select the option i then get an error 21 and FRAG. any thoughts? the only reason i need to get back to the original dash is to attempt to solve a problem im having with my tetris worlds(original disk) game. it comes up right away and says "failed to update xbox live. check the disk to make sure it isnt dirty or damaged." and im unable to play the game. so if anyone has an answer to either of these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

2. arkain

arkain Member

well i found a solution for the tetris worlds problem. it seems that since i have the evox bios i am able to name my new dashboard evox.xbe and leave the original xboxdash.xbe. that works!

however i am still running into a problem trying to use the old dashboard(error 21).

3. lcacivic

lcacivic Member

for the error 21 you need to copy files from the backup you made before installing evox. copy back over to your c: drive the following: xboxdash.xbe, memory2.xip, and default.xip.

That is what you need to do for a non xbox live dash.

if you have xbox live copy over the following:
    2 folders named: xboxdashdat.10027100 and xodash; and the files xboxdash.xbe and setting_adoc.xip.

hope that helps. referr to slayers autoinstaller docs for more help on that.