1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using vegas 4 to make svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by youthdude, Apr 20, 2004.

1. youthdude

youthdude Guest

I have a home video I produced in vegas 4, rendered to mpeg2 and Nero 5 won't burn it as a svcd. Tmpgenc wont open the file to make an svcd. I rendered an mpeg1 and made a vcd which worked but much less quality. How do I make an svcd using vegas.

thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Problem why Nero isn"t not accepting the File as a SVCD Compliant Mpeg2 file is because you rendered the File as a Mpeg2 file and not a SVCD File..
    There is a Differance between a 480x480 Mpeg2 file and a SVCD file, because the SVCD File has a SVCD Header attached to the Mpeg2 file which makes it differant, so you might be able to just add the SVCD Header to your Mpeg2 file and then Nero would happilly burn it...
    To to this you will need "Tmpgenc" ...
    #1) First run Tmpgenc and go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut"..
    #2)Now load in your Mpeg2 file....
    #3) now choose and output name for the file...
    #4) now this is the Important Part, Go to the Dropdown menu at the Top and set it to "Mpeg2 Super Video-CD"...
    #5) Now just click the "Run" button at the Bottom and in a few minutes you will have a New File that has a SVCD Header on it ...
    Now use nero to burn it to CD-R and a SVCD and I"m sure it will accept it as long as you encoded the file useing the Proper SVCD Resolution and Framerate settings, and especially the correct audio setting then everything should be AOK....Good Luck