1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usual n00b question(s)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tony112, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tony112

tony112 Member

i am a [bold]complete[/bold] begginer in the world of dvds and digital media.
    i use a P2P application to download varous movies. how do i check the file extension of the movie e.g .AVI?
    which file exension do most dvd players play and how would i convert these files to that file type what dvd players play?
    is there anysoftware outhere what will convert anyfile type to this dvd file type and if so where do i get it?
    any suggestions on good burning and ripping software which can copy protected movies?
    when i rip movies they come up in a folder with loads of .bup and .vob or something like that. how would i merge all the videos togeather and then convert that to,say,AVI for instance?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I suggest you read a fair bit more & check the guides section of this forum [as you sound like you do not have even the faintest of ideas on any video authoring]

Great time & care has gone into guides ... for such people as your good self.
    So if & when you have any problems , you'll find ppl most helpful cos at least you will have tried

I do suggest getting these certain software products:
    DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    DivXtoDVD
    (all of which are free)

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

oh wow, herbsman, that pic is bad as hell.