1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ut2004 game installation help error 0xc0000006

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Spider323, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, I'm trying to install Unreal Tournament 2004 and have been having problems. When I put the first cd in it tries to run the setup.exe because that is the autorun and it gives me and error, 0xc0000006. I don't understand what the problem is. On my other computer when I put the cd in the dvd+rw drive it gives the same problem but, in teh same computer, when I put the cd in the bottom CD-rom drive the installation begins. The problem is I need this game on this computer not the other one. I've looked all over the internet and there are a few topics with people who have this problem but no solutions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

sounds like damaged data/cd can you make a DVD?
    copy all cds to a folder just he files and then put them in one lumponto a DVD this should make one install disc to play it you will need the real cd or key or whatever it wants.

you can jsut copy the CD and burn it at the lowest speed you can to amke sure the data in on there right.

or...you can jsut copy the CD to the HD and install it like that *L*
    if it still giving you heck then you will have to replace the data on the CD.

I think ISO buster can detect bad data on dvd/cds

3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I tried copying the files from the cd and after a while it gave me an error. I don't believe it is a problem with the cd because when I put it into the CD-rom drive in my other computer it started the setup. I believe the game has something to do with compatibility of the drive. Thanks.

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Any win OS 98-XP dose not have prefect error checking ability on a CD/DVD they just copy what they can and sometimes at least 10 times in 5 years I will find one of these errors it happens.

SO dose not havening the correct install software(thank you MS).

this is the easiest to check the data that is

IOSbuster is not free but tis shareware can tell you if the CD is damaged on that computer.
    http://www.isobuster.com/

Also another thign I might not have said this,becuse of diffrent read speeds a slower drive can read better than a faster drive thus why it might work on some and not others.

5. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

The data is all fine if it runs on my other computer on the CD-rom drive but not on this one nor on the other computers DVD+rw drive. I don't know what to do this is really annoying me. This is a great game and not getting it to work really annoys the hell out of me. Is there anyway to get my DVD+/-RW drive compatable with the game? Thanks again.

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Did you test the data using the program on the said DVD drive?
    because theres a higher chance of it not reading it for some off reason than the OS being screwed up.

this takes 10min to test after download,checking/fixing the other will take....hours if not acouple days to find and fix...

7. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

If you could, please tell me how I can check the data on the CD using ISOBUSTER. I installed it but cant find the option. Thanks again.

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Also there could be soemthign else
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506457

of this
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362059

could be the stupid drivers oy vay...I swear...the little cock ups devs/pubs do and don't realize they did anything wrong....
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winaspi.html

its late at night and I cant think right...Google instantly fixed this prob least I hope so *L*

post asap as you can *yawns* the ASPI drivers might want a reboot.

------------

click the +'s 2 or 3 times until you see a small red ISO

On CD right click and do preform surface scan
    on ISO check if any files are unreadable

It will give a few errors but if it has more than 8 or 10 errors
    you could have problems.

9. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Yea, well I've checked all the links you've sent before lol. I tried installing the winaspi drivers, I already have my drives in the Ultra DMA Mode 6, and I have no viruses.

These were the results of the analysis:

[CD-R: Li: 97:26:66 - Lo: 79:59:71 ]

Number of errors encountered on the disc : 38

To see if files are affected, look for the 'error' icon next to files or :
    Select a File System of your choice and select :

List files with read errors (in Edit Window)

I even did another find missing files and folder and it returned these results:

Following files are located on locations that are unreadable.
    Extracting them might prove difficult and the resulting files may contain errors.

0282264 , E:\System\IpDrv.dll
    0282382 , E:\System\IpDrv.u
    0282420 , E:\System\license.det
    0282440 , E:\System\license.frt
    0282460 , E:\System\license.itt
    0282503 , E:\System\Manifest.ini
    0282649 , E:\System\MSVCR71.dll
    0282841 , E:\System\ONS-Dria.det
    0282842 , E:\System\ONS-Dria.est
    0282884 , E:\System\Onslaught.dll
    0283000 , E:\System\Onslaught.kot
    0283011 , E:\System\Onslaught.u

Then I tried extracting the files to my desktop and was able to do that with all the files except MSVCR71.dll was giving me a problem so I ignored it and downloaded the .dll from a search in google and replaced it in the folder it is located in. I ran the setup.exe from my desktop folder and the installation actually ran but I tried to install and it said to insert disk 1 even though this is disc one. Now I wnat to know is there any way to just copy all these cds to one dvd which will solve this reading problem and also be alot easier. you're method of just copying all of the files I do not believe would work because it would still ask for disc 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5. Also now how would I approach installing the game now? Thanks for all the help.

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Ah google is the answer not...mmmmm

Normally CDs are made out of a whole directory,so just dump 1 CD at a time into the same directory copying over extra files as you go.

11. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

LOL, usually google solves many problems sometimes with a little more research but it solves it but not in this case for me. Hmm I'll try it now let me see. I think though that it'll ask for cd one and cd two and cd three and cd four and cd five, but I'll try. Once again thanks for all your help.

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

No prob if you got a good net connection maybe you should just torrent the dang thing get all good data of the DVD release,its only 3GB *L*

13. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

LOL, I have cable but 3 gigs and since it's an old game there would not be many seeders would take me forever. If this dumping files into one folder method works then great. Then I'll just need to find a way to make a DVD. It'll save me time and will not have a problem. Thanks for all your help.

14. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

30 seeders 162 peers...not bad not bad at all...never doubt the power of the torrents :3

15. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

LOL, yeah I think we should stop talking about torrents though or else the mods are gonna drop the turkey and ban our a**es .LOL JK. :D

16. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

you can talk about about it all you want but no lnks no email no cussing or rudeness and such.

Need any "further" help PM me :p

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

we mods are everywhere :p

anyways, 'thread teleported to relevant forum'

18. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Creaky :p

Spider323
    I been sickish today either on the porsilne throne or laying down.
    *yawns*
    I still want to help it will jsut take me 10 hours to wake up 0-o