1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utorrent Upload?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by NicHt, Apr 3, 2007.

1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Sorry if someone has already posted this before, I had no idea what to search for. I was just wondering if I could be a complete a**hole and stop Utorrent from uploading (or whatever) after it has finished downloading. Because it takes me 2 hrs to download 1000 megs, and 9 hours to upload it. I know you can manually cancel uploading, but I want for it to do it by itself so it can move to the next torrent in the line whilst I am sleeping.

Thanks

Its called seeding thats right

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

That's selfish and bad for the file sharing community..

But if you want to do it anyway (you hit and runner you!) look at the torrent moving on completion rules and shift the completed files somewhere else. As that doesn't match your down/up directory it should kill upload with a "missing data" error.
    You can also play about with the seeding rules.. don't upload unless there are say 120 peers when your global connections are limited to 100 will also kill any seeding.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Thanks Jan, I think I will just the power of time, I just qeued like 3 items and will leave them overnight. If there is no 'checkbox' or something that I can click, I guess I will just be a seeder than.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

what are you using for downloading these things?
    I use azureus and it's possible to tweak everything..

Blonde moment.. &#181torrent.. it should be configurable, have a good root in the menus

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007