1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UXE Complete: (hotswap tutorial)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by punx777, Jun 7, 2005.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

After screwing up my xbox (deleted C:) i thought i screwed up my xbox. turned to xbox-scene.com and a guy on there pointed me around.

Heres what you will need to softmod.
    -An xbox
    -Access to your hdd. via hotswapping to the pc or a modded box. (hotswap faq: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=332179)
    -xbox hdm (Used in this guide)
    -Uxe complete (xbins)
    - knowlege with xbins, you are going to need it!!!!!!!
    (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php)

I am not going to teach anyone how to hotswap. you will need to learn elseware. and since i dont know how to copy the files using a modded box, i wont talk about it either. on that note LETS BEGIN!!!!!

First thing you will want to do is read the 'readme' in UXE complete.
    Open the support folder in this package. For the sake of confusion, we will ONLY run 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat. THIS IS COMPLETLY NECESSARY (note this is different for LARGER HDDs, refer to the readme)

Now open the Linux folder in xbox HDM. You will see a C, and E, folder among others. Open the C: folder and copy all the contents of UXE complete's 'uxe-c-replace' folder. Then open HDM's E folder, and copy UXE Complete's E/ 'root' folder to xbox HDM's E: folder.
    Now open the xbox HDM folder, and double click 'make-iso-win'
    This will create an iso burnable to a cd with DVD DECRYPTOR (or another program that burns isos)

Now you will want to do gain acces to xboxhdm with the xbox hd's hotswapped to the pc. The first thing we will do is hit 1 then enter.
    You will see a penguin and a bunch of text. assuming you hotswapped correctly, type 'xboxhd'. it will ask you yes or no. and obviously you will say yes.
    Now its time to rebuild your HDD. If you dont care about your gamesaves or music thats on your hdd, go to 'rebuild xbox hd from scratch' if you do, go to 'rebuild xbox c partition' and after you do go to xbrowser and copy the root file over to the xbox's E:.

Now for the easy part!!!!!!
    Turn Xbox off, count to 5; turn it back on with no disk in the DVD tray. This should have booted to a black screen with white text. Go to the first option.

Congrats!! you now have a modded xbox. You will be able to copy games, play emulators, run unsigned code, and an endless number of apps.

2. punx777

punx777 Regular member

Hey is there a way to change the title? It should say 'SOFT MOD tutorial'

3. absolutx

absolutx Member

Hey punx777, What eeprom should I use in the Linux/eeprom folder in xbox HDM. I downloaded config magic and I put the eeprom that came with config magic in that folder. Should I have used another one? Can I find an eeprom file in my Hard drive even though I deleted my C drive and screwed my E drive? I want to make a HD from scratch but I dont know what eeprom file I should use or where to find it. Thanks.

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i dont know alot about eeproms. If you are going to rebuild your hdd with hdm you dont need an eeprom. the eeprom unlocks your hdd. the purpose of hotswapping is so the xbox will unlock the hdd for you, then you plug in your pcs ide to your xbox's hdd

5. Valmort

Valmort Member

Hey, thanks. It took some toying arround to get it right, but I've finally fixed my xbox. THANKS ALOT!!! punx777
    I owe you one.

6. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

I get error code 21 after this. Now what?

EDIT: This is an XBOX that was softmodded and a 4 year old played around with something he shouldn't have. It was getting error code 13. I tried this and was able to "hotswap", but now I get error 21. I have tried to hotswap again, but it just won't happen. any ideas?. thanks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  7. punx777

punx777 Regular member

did you get all the files i told you in the right places? i would reformat the entire hdd.

8. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

Not sure what I did wrong in the first place, but I have fixed the problem.

After doing the above, I would get error 21, but it would boot a copied game. So I just ran slayers and brought the xbox back to original and did the softmod again. Everything works great now.

9. punx777

punx777 Regular member

sweet. I would reccomend everyone get 'Auto Installer Deluxe' of xbins.

Similair to slayers, but it has every emulator and so many apps and dashes.

*since this is a large file xbins may only have a Torrent file. you will need a bittorrent program (i reccomend bitcomet) to open this file and download AID.

10. Bloodust

Bloodust Guest

Yo from your tut how do i burn tthe he program and do i copy all of the The C:/ files from uxe like do i copy the fonts/nk/aps etc etc ( like the ones in the folders) and do i copy every the whole folder of the ROOT into the E:/

O And Can i fix my erro code 16??????????

( I softmooded with the Splinter Cell Exploit)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2005
  11. punx777

punx777 Regular member

take EVERYTHING in UXE's C: folder and put it in xbox hdm's linux/ C: folder.

then, take the root folder, and put in the hdm E: folder.

yup, this will fix the error 16. since this will get you up and running with the EVOX dashboard.

12. Bloodust

Bloodust Guest

Thanks

How do imake it to a iso after all of the folders are copied into the right place and can i also burn it with Alochol 120?

O And 1 more thing In The E:/ folder if i download Trainers can i just copy the trainers into the Trainer folder in linux? would this affect anything Cuz i have aloyor trainers for halo 2 and i really want to use them

Any Help would be very nice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2005
  13. punx777

punx777 Regular member

to make the iso, you will click 'make-iso-win'(just as i said in the tut.

if you want to use trainers you will need to make a folder somewhere on your box. The evox dash that comes with this doesnt have an option for trainers so, you will either need to:
    1.Edit the menu to evox so you have that option(you will also need to point it to the folder where your trainers are)
    2.Launch a diff dash.

I dont know much about trainers, i tried a halo 2 trainer once and it didnt work so i said to hell with it

14. ulibuds

ulibuds Member

Awesome, worked perfect in under 15 minutes. :)

15. gabtor

gabtor Guest

where can i get "UXE Complete", I cant find it.... give me a link....

16. halohack2

halohack2 Member

I am doing the uxe softmod. I am a little confused if any one has aol instant messenger that could help me out that would be great. I need a more detailed instruction sort of like modding for dummies lol. and can i get auto aimer with this and if so what else can i get

17. halohack2

halohack2 Member

what files do i put on my action replay
    and what do i do once i have them on there.

sry to post these right after another

18. punx777

punx777 Regular member

first of all, YOU DONT NEED TO PUT ANY FILES ON YOUR ACTION REPLAY!!! that is an entirely different exploit, if you have action replay and an exploitable game (007 agent under fire, mechassault, splinter cell, not platinum edit.) then i would reccomend going that way.

why the hell did you start talking about action replay anyway???

and to find UXE, you will need to go to xbins, (i put a link in my original post IF YOU WOULD JUST READ) i belive uxe is in xbox/exploits/packages.

19. halohack2

halohack2 Member

sry well do u think u could explain the mod i am talking about

20. punx777

punx777 Regular member