1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.6 solderless?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jonesy827, Feb 8, 2005.

1. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

Hey, i got one of those holiday bundle packs for christmas with NCAA 05, Topspin, and Amped 2 for christmas. I want to mod my xbox, but i do not want to solder anything. I also want to have a flashable chip, because i want evox on the HD for xbox live (read info on this forum). If possible, i want an external on-off switch. I just assumed that my xbox is 1.06? Is there any chip that can do all of these things with the stock HD?

mike

2. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

for a more a expensive chip Xecuter 3*with Xapt3r solderless adapter....great chip

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

x3 and solderless is a no go on version 1.6 xbox...you can't install a solderless x3 on a 1.6 xbox the only chip i know that is solderless for 1.6 xbox's is the spiderchip.

stock hd will only hold about 2 games

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  4. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

I have read about the spider chip....im a real noob to xbox modding..well to modding period...is it possible to copy the game on the stock HD to my PC HD and burn it from there...I have my xbox hooked up with a bridge from my wireless router..i mean my pc recieves a signal through its pci card..then it sends the signal out of the ethernet port, directly to the xbox..is there a way to do that?

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

is your xbox modded?

6. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

not yet but if I use the spiderchip will I be able to copy my xbox games to my pc hard drive?

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you will be able to ftp it over to your pc...from there you will have to use qwix to create an iso image of the game...then you can burn the image.

8. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

thanks alot guys..you have been a real help...is the spiderchip good quality? and i know u cant tell me where but will i have trouble getting evox?

9. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

10. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

dont mind about the advertisement thing the tutorial will come up in a few seconds...this should help you find every thoing you need

11. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

Is it possible to play xbox live games with an upgraded HD?

edit: if the HD is locked, are any features disabled..and is it easy to lock/unlock it?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  12. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

Im not exactly sure I dont have a upgraded HD... but I would belive so as long as in your modchips dashboard you have Xbox live enabled...plus you dont want to get banned so be careful

13. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

yeah getting banned was my concern...my real question is what is EvoX and can i go on the internet with my xbox? Also has anyone had good results with the spider chip...i would consider goining with Xecuter 3 but soldering scares me to death

14. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

Well, with the information that I have, I just ordered a Spiderchip V1.1 from modchipstore.com..I hope that I made a good decision...

Mike

15. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you have already setup xbox live on your stock hd...i do not recommend trying to connect to live with a upgraded hd...you can still upgrade the hd, but if you want to use live just switch the drives when you play on live...kind of a pain, but i have never heard of anyone being banned when using the stock hd...unless you forget to turn the chip off.

just a note, if you do get banned...they ban the xbox, and not your LIVE account

the x3 is great, if your accidentally try to sign into live, the chip won't allow you to sign on...great feature if you ask me, it has saved me a few times or two

16. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Regarding going on the internet with your xbox.
    if you want to browse
    Linksbox is a good option
    best way to install all the apps yo uneed is via an auto installer
    my installer has linksbox on it
    Configmagic 1.6 will lock/unlock any hdd (thats on my installer too)
    mdsup has good advice, you see xbox live detects the eeprom from the hard drive that your live account was setup with, so changing it, will change that eeprom (lot of halo 2 bans this way)
    so the best idea is use multiple drives and use your original to play on live as mdsup said
    there are a coupla ways to set up multiple drives, either using a DPDT switch and diff IDE cable, or use an xtender.

17. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

I have a old 40 gig seagate HD...could i get that to go into mine as a second Hd and still play on Live? Also i found some EEPROM toold....also i got Evox and HD Evox Auto-Installer...I also got XBMC...what is a good auto installer..o yeah and i got the web browser too...can an auto-installer install anything?

mike

18. mdsup

mdsup Guest

Slayer's 2.6 is a good autoinstaller...auto installers install everything that they have on them...if they don't install something you want, all you do is go find it and ftp it into your xbox....you can throw your 40gig in as well, however you will need to make a switch that controls which drive gets the power...you will also need a 3 device ide cable...you can only run 1 hd at a time, that is why you need a swich to choose between drives.

19. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

is there somewhere where i can get some info on how to make the switch and i will find a 3-device IDE cable on ebay or somethin...can someone tell me what evolutionX does?