1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V180 problems on P2K

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by dsimms180, Jan 13, 2005.

1. dsimms180

dsimms180 Member

OK. I downloaded all the neccessary drivers for the P2KMan and P2KTools. Neither will connect to my phone. However, I finally did find english instructions and found some changes I needed to make in the registry so the USB port will be recognized properly. I did all that. Now I have another problem...everytime I plug in my V180 (using my USB cable) and activate P2KMan, My computer shuts down and reboots...by itself! Wierd. And to top it off it won't reboot properly until I unplug my phone. I have all the neccessary drivers. Can someone please help. Or show me a different program for removing the Cingular logo

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Will you post where you found the registry changes? Maybe that will help other V180 users.

3. dsimms180

dsimms180 Member

I'm sorry I don't remember where I found the link. But I believe it was a link on one of these message boards. Run a search on P2Kman downloads. Some of those downloads will be a german version of the program. But there are a few out there that have an English translation of the user man ual. I know, this isn't exactly the help you were looking for.