1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v220 datalink problem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by deftoneX, Jan 16, 2005.

1. deftoneX

deftoneX Member

ok, so ive downloaded the mobile phone tools, the pbk driver, the mpt update, the motorola modem driver, and properly installed it all.

The problem i am having, is that it will detect my phone, i can select the right driver, BUT when i start mpt, it CAN NOT connect to the phone. The phone is on, the cables are not loose, and the computer registers that the phone is there. MPT doesnt connect. Sometimes mpt says "device not connected," sometimes it says "no modem installed."

What do i do? Im becoming very exasperated. Any help at all would be excellent.

2. deftoneX

deftoneX Member

anybody?

3. deftoneX

deftoneX Member

update:
    i downloaded and installed MPT 3, and now MPT recognises that the phone is there. It knows what type of phone it is BUT it is still not connecting to it. MPT is "initializing" for a very long time. Then, it says "no mobile connected," while, clearly, it is.

WHAT DO I DO???

I am starting to get angry with this phone.

4. evilpeke

evilpeke Guest

i've got the same problem with my v220. i went to a shop and they sold me a mini usb cable and told me that i could try to download the software... 9 euros down the gutter!

5. MCGHEES

MCGHEES Guest

well im glad to see that im not the only one with the exact same problem!! ive read some of the other forums but i havent found the solution yet! if you figure it out PLEASE let me know!!