1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V265 and ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by JLeo, Apr 22, 2005.

1. JLeo

JLeo Member

Hi-
    I am new to this board. I have connected my phone to my computer successfully using a USB cable and MPT 3.XX. I can transfer ringtones to my phone but it seems that I can only get the midi tones to work. If I transfer an MP3 it says the file is corrupt on the phone. Does anyone know what this phone will take as far as file types and specifications go? Thanks.

2. eh2oboy

eh2oboy Member

how did u get urs connected? cuz mine connects but i cant transfer any ringtones to my phone. :T

from wut i hear u can rename the mp3 file to a **.mid and that should work.. i think..

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

OR u can use P2Kman to uplaod the ringtones.....

4. JLeo

JLeo Member

Well I'm surprised the Motorola software isn't made by Microsoft. It is one of the most picky software packages I have used. I think I installed the drivers 3 times so far. As far as transferring ringtones go I just go to menu - tools and click on multimedia center and it seems to all work fine transferring. It only has a problem on the phone end and as I said the phone takes midis fine. I'd tell you the whole process but as you could probably guess I can't get the software to work right now. I'll have to get back to you.