1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V505, Bluetooth Dongle, WinXP SP2 and Phonetools

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sweetGB, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

Hi,
    I have been reading these posts for a while. As stated in the subject I have a V505, a bluetooth dongle (from newegg.com for <$20), and winXP SP2. I have downloaded Phonetools 3.11 whatever and 1.23c. Neither of them will let me upgrade to the latest version , 3.19 (I think) so that I can choose the v505 from the list of phones. WHen I hit live update I get redirected to this website,http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/US/

Is there a way to get MPT 3.19?
    Does WindowsXP SP2 not play well with MPT, Bluetooth or my V505?

gb

2. motodude

motodude Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005
  3. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

I did a search and followed the instructions. I have read many posts regarding my situation.I still get redirected to the same webpage as stated in my intital post

4. motodude

motodude Guest

Ok, then download the old version of phone tools 1.23c and upgrade it using my instructions. Make sure you uninstalled any version of phone tools before you begin.

5. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

I tried your instructions...
    From http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/144132

****I had the same problem, here's how you fix it. Click the menu button, then go down to Setup> Live Update Configuration. Change it from Automatic to Manual and click OK. Then go to Setup> Live Update and follow the wizard. ****

In MPT 1.23c there is no menu for Setup>Live update configuration. THere is just Menu> Setup> General Setup F6 and there are some greyed out ones SMS Configurations, INternet connections and synch settings

I have tried to look for 'Live Update Configuration' in both versions I have 3.11h and 1.23c

This is pissing me off. It should be easy. I really appreciate your help Motodude.

gb

6. motodude

motodude Guest

7. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

Thanks motodude for all of your replies.

I got the software to work somewhat (3.11). I had to let the phone be recognized by my PC via bluetooth. I had to give it a passkey or something and it let me load up MPT to work with my phone by using the v500 setting. I still hope someday to upgrade to 3.19....