1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V551 Bluetooth help!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by bradgirl, Apr 6, 2005.

1. bradgirl

bradgirl Member

Hi, I have absolutely no idea how to use Bluetooth for my V551. Can anyone help me?

Last week, I bought a Motorola V551 mainly because my Toshiba Satellite laptop has bluetooth installed on it, but I have never used it. The V551 is the first thing I have tried to use it with. I was so excited about my new phone that I jumped home and tried out the phone and laptop together. Nothing happened. I opened BT on my laptop, but it keeps telling me "BT is not ready" or "BT is not turned on". I can't figure out for the life of me how to turn it on. I tried adding a new connection, but it says "BT is not ready". So I tried enabling BT on my phone, clicked "Find Me" and still nothing happens. To sum things up, I don't know how to use BT at all.

I am not using a USB (I didn't think I'd need it since my laptop already has BT, but I could be dead wrong on this), I don't have Phone Tools, and I am using SP2 on my XP. After lots of research, I see that all these things may contribute to the fact that I am unable to use BT, but I don't know where to start.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I am completely illiterate when it comes to this stuff. I wish Motorola had included some sort of tutorial in the manual.

2. lm13

lm13 Member

you ever got any help with that?