1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

van helsing final word??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lawndog, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

ok I've checked all the posts, seems most are undecided on Van Helsing, I've tried both shrink and decypt, shrink locks up and dycypt, locks up I/O error!! I would show exactly what it says but dont know how to paste and copy like that!!(please tell) Is there any sure fire way to copy this movie??

2. brobear

brobear Guest

You could type in the error message. I recorded Van Helsing, the complete Disc. I don't remember any problems with it. Most of the time I use HD files ripped with DVD Decrypter. Do you have the latest version? http://www.dvddecrypter.com I always leave slysoft's AnyDVD running in the background during the recording. http://www.slysoft.com Read the product description, so you know how it works. Slysoft gives a 3 week trial, so you don't have to buy it unless you like it. Shrink is a capable encoder and I've not had it stick on movies like Van Helsing. I usually use DVDCopy3 or RB/CCE, but occasionally use DVD Shrink. http://www.intervideo.com (for DVDCopy3, they have a trial)

Copy down what the error is and let us know. So far we just know you are trying to record Van Helsing using DVD Decrypter (decypt?) and DVD Shrink. People use these apps in different combinations, what was the process you used and at what point in the process did the failure occur; analysis, encode, or burn?

3. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

work on anydvd then try again and post error!! TY so far

4. brobear

brobear Guest

TY???

5. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

I/O Error

Device [1:1:0] Generic DVD RW *XMax 1401 (E:)(ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 1E 37 B0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10)-Sector: 1980336

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No Seek Complete

Ideas???
    I tried using Shrink first, and it locks up at 47% I tried using AnyDvD but I'm not sure how, can't find guide on it!! And with these I allready tried going through the file then the selection instead of the quick buttons!! Got me stumbed Thanks again

6. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

that error was with decypter, yes the new 1

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If I'm not mistaken, I think I burned that movie using just DVD Shrink and Nero6. I also used DVD DeCrypter and VobBlanker back then. Now I use AnyDVD and DVD Shrink along with Nero6.

8. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

Shrink error=

DvdShrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file "E:\"
    Data Error(cycle redundancy check)

9. restart

restart Member

You probably have a bad master. Check for scratches or dirty disk. I've had no problem with this disk. Nothing unique about it.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

lawndog
    Is the problem with just this one disc or is it happening with your other DVDs? If it's just the Van Helsing, then whoever said "it's probably a bad disc" is probably right. There was nothing special about the DVD and was an easy backup.