1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanity at it's worst : What's YOUR latest "aquisition" ? thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by The_Fiend, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the one on the right :)

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

The monkey in the watch? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I wanted to have a nice watch so I got one. You don't want one, don't get it. Nothing to do with how smart you are, but a nice appearance gives your employers a better impression of yourself. If you go to a job interview dressed in a t-shirt that says Canada is America's hat, good luck trying to get that job. If you do qualify for MENSA maybe you should learn that an ellipsis contains three full stops, and that you aren't supposed to use them all the time.

@Estuanis
    I hope you didn't take offense by that comment. I'm not exactly popular either. I just have my friends, but we aren't the cool kids by any means, just laid back.

3. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Same here. All I have is my friends and I tend to keep to myself for the most part. I get in fights a lot though. People think since I'm big and slow I can't fight. So they try anything and everything to piss me off... I've broken a few noses and knocked one guy out cold.

And just to clear it up. E-S-T-U-A-N-S-I-S

You are not the only one to misspell my name, though.

A play on words. Inspired by the Estuans Interius, a Latin text that uses some of the first known poetic rhyming.

EDIT:

Part of it is even used in "One-Winged Angel" by Nobuo Uematsu; which is included in the soundtrack to Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I tend to not get in fights. I'm pretty big, even though a little chubby, but I'm a easy person to get along with. Plus I don't want to be expelled from the Health Academy so I just back out if things start to get heated.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

BWAHAHHAAHAHHAA! oh, that made my morning!

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I mean those t-shirts are funny, but only in an appropriate environment. If you want to check out funny shirts go to Busted Tees, or T-shirt hell.

7. 0Nobody0

0Nobody0 Guest

That's such a typical response....Why is it all my freinds that have money have no need to flaunt it?......And all my struggling freinds ie ... paycheck to paycheck.... buy things to impress? They also have to charge for it...more debt.....? Ultimately costing them twice what they purchased it for after 10 years....Then getting another card to pay the first cards charges....and so on....Why do kids always put lipstick on a pig?.......Big $3,000 rims on a $2,000 piece of junk......Which your folks are making the payments and insurance on....

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Umm, bro I'm not in debt! I don't "pimp" out my ride either. I'm getting a BMW M3 so no need for that, it's good looking enough at stock. Actually my dad is a doctor, but he also owns a car dealership, so he is getting me a good deal.

As for your grammar, you aren't supposed to use ellipsis all that much! They aren't a replacement for proper punctuation!

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Abuzar has a point... just for reference ellipses are the "..." you use after every... word...

My latest acquisition, a new job in the cranberry marsh making $9.50 an hour full-time. I'm gonna be working from 3am to 11am every morning. 6 days a week for 6 weeks. I'm gonna end up with $2400 by the end of next month.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Wait til uncle sam gets his mitts on your dough before you spend it.

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Just a guess on it with tax included. The full amount would be around $2800.

12. LOCOENG

You will probably only bring home around 2K...but you aren't far off.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  13. 0Nobody0

0Nobody0 Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

at least liberals remain honest about taxes going up. republicans cut taxes,yet somehow i wind up paying more. hmmm...

politics are to be left out of this forum in entirety, 0Nobody0. -_-

15. LOCOENG

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

0Nobody0, no political discussions allowed as per the link loco posted, post edited.

17. 0Nobody0

0Nobody0 Guest

I knew that would happen...ddp is a flaming liberal i see.... that post stays and mine goes?.....Since you contradicted yourself with lower taxes and you pay more?....I need not comment....More Blah Blah...just what every kid sees all day since liberals run 95% of TV stations....I don't blame you for being wrong....Just admit it's due to liberal programming.

18. LOCOENG

ddp is canadian and I also hear the distant rumbling of thunder and flashes of lightning.

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

tell me what lotto numbers i need for next week.

nah, but you've got some flaming poor skill in logic

unlike your derogatory political remarks, my post came from personal experience. that's the difference between prejudice and evidence that can be used in court.

reading comprehension owns you. i was promised lower taxes, yet i pay more than ever. considering i'm a college student trying to cover my own expenses with a frickin' part time job (i actually work nearly twice as much as i'm in school, as a full-time physics student), shouldn't i be catching a break? no, but you know what? my friend's father, a doctor with a $300,000 house--yeah, he pays less taxes now.

i'd like to see this become very true very soon on a much larger scale.

that typically comes from the people who ignore others' viewpoints and believe only themselves right. you're looking entirely in the wrong direction here.

the hell they do. it's more like a mix between gullible people who do whatever they are told, regardless of political bearings, and those who point out the obvious stupid, regardless of political bearings. this makes it appear that the opposing political party of whoever's in charge is the one running everything. oh, and i bet the Free Masons and Illuminati are putting homosexual-approved fillings in your mouth, too, right? -_-

no, but i'll blame you for being wrong. ponder the difference between "ignorant" and "stupid" for a while.

liberal implies change from the conservative, i.e. traditional, way of doing things. it should be pretty damned obvious that the traditional way of doing things is only screwing up this world even more. time for a complete social overhaul.

*edit*
    jesus h. christ, i hope so. we don't need another one.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  20. LOCOENG

/me thinks it's time to go be a "nobody" somewhere else.