1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD 2 DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by oracle, Mar 9, 2005.

1. oracle

oracle Member

I want to know how I can convert a VCD to DVD. I know that the quality will be poor, but it;s content is important for me. Pinnacle Studio doesn't support this feature.
    Which programs must be used?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You don't need to convert. Most players that will play dvd, will also play VCD.
    Get VCDGear to take the .dat and make it into .mpg
    Author it in something like DVDLab.
    Ignore the message about invalid aspect ratio, let it transcode the audio, then compile with menus or whatever, and burn in Nero (or other good burning tool. Don't use DVDLab's built in burner).

3. oracle

oracle Member

I know this, but the problem is that I want to insert the content of the VCD to an other project.
    So far I found TMPGEnc which produces 2 files a myfile.m2v and a myfile.wav files. Is there any body knows how I can compile theese to files to a single myfile.mpg file?

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

If you have the VCD, then just rip it to mpg as I said above.
    If you mean you've already ripped it in tmpgenc to elementary streams, you've wasted time, however...
    Open tmpgenc, cancel the wizard, select File, Mpeg tools, simple re-mux.
    Load the m2v and mpa, select the output you want (mpeg-1 VCD, or mpeg-2 SVCD or mpeg-2 Program stream, and hit RUN.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005