1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd burning -HELP please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ladys, Jun 25, 2003.

1. ladys

ladys Member

Could someone please help me. I am new to converting and burning. I am using Nero burning software. I am trying to make a vcd with files from the internet. I open the program and then drag the .asf .mpeg .avi files to the left pane. The program then says it is encoding files and then it burns them to cd. When I play the cd on my home dvd player, I can see the images, but there is fallout, ie gaps in the film. Also, the audio is not in sync with the video. Overall, the audio and video is not complete and a very patchy. When I view the original downloaded files on the pc, they are perfect.
    Help please.

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi, from personal experience and also posts on this forum, i think it is safe to say neros conversion leaves a lot to be desired!!! your best bet would be to convert the files first using tmpeg for example. I use this for divx - mpeg conversions and it works great. Sometimes i extract the audio first to solve synching problems, for this i use virtualdub. I think with these you will be ok, it can be a lengthy process, but the results will be great.
    Hope it helps