1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Chapters with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by buyton, Dec 1, 2002.

1. buyton

buyton Guest

If anyone knows how, can they please give me a tutorial on how to make chapters for a VCD that I want to burn with Nero Burning Rom. Now I dont want the chapters where they are on the main menu and I pick where I want to start....I want the chapters so while im watching a movie i can forward or rewind back, like with intervals of 2-5 minutes. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated it. You can im me on the AOL IM sn: buyton

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You can create chapters using VCDeasy, and then create a bin/cue that can then be burnt using Nero.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I just thought I'd add a little word here. Unless you have a very good stand-alone, I really wouldn't use chapters at all for (S)VCD because there is often a pause between the chapters. Even if you have the pause set to 0 you nearly always get a little 1 second pause. This can lead to problems. I used to use chapters until once when i came to the last few chapters the audio began to fall out of sync even though the individual chapters would play perfect if the movie wasn't streaming straight through a lot of chapters.

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I never had that problem Dela, very interesting indeed.. sounds like a flaw in your DVD player.

buyton, I would do like jnihil says and use VCDeasy to create the .bin/.cue files.. never fails for me!

5. Dela

Nah I didnt use VCDEasy to create my chapters so thats probably the problem. Anyway, forget it. My stand-alone has a handy feature of a little slidebar that makes vcd viewing as good as if it were in chapters!

6. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

that is a nice feature, I can't FF or RW faster than 8x on my standalone for VCD and SVCD, a slidebar would be nice.. I have to stick with chapters though, oh well..

7. Dela

Its not all that nice though. You can imagine how long you would have to wait for the video and audio to catch up if you jumped 30 minutes or something. Ah but it doesnt bother me. Usually when I watch something I only watch it once!.

8. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Dela, aren't you talking about pauses between separate mpgs? Chapter points within the same mpg should cause a pause.

9. o-doner

o-doner Guest

I have obvious flaw in my player in vcd playing. If I press next-chapter in chapter 5 I end up to chapter 3 and after 6 th it stops working for good. Only jumping straight into certain chapter works perfectly. Cheap player.
    Never problems with dvd:s.