1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD COLOUR PROB

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Heckler, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Heckler

Heckler Guest

hello, i have been encoding divx 2 VCD, once finished THE COLOUR is fine but when i burn it the video always has a slight tinge of green, is it NERO?
    should i use a diff prog,..... always has a green tinge every vcd i make pretty much....

PS sorry bout spelling of color, new zealand spelling

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you useing to encode DivX/AVI files to Mpeg1/VCD??? You aren"t useing Nero are you???
    Tsk Tsk Tsk....Nero uses the worlds worst Mpeg encoders ever created and the quality is allways going to be awefull compared to if you did it the right way....
    But your Color Problem sounds Like you might have a certain Hacked codec on your system that is Known for causeing this affect..The Codec is called the "Angel Potion" codec and is a Mpeg-4 codec simular to divx but is really buggy and really shouldn"t be used by anyone...The codec might be listed on your system as "apmp4v3.dll" or something very simular, if you find it you should delete it...
    If you do not have this codec on your system or if you do you should really not be useing Nero to ruin your Movies, You should be encodeing your DiVx AVI files to Mpeg1/VCD useing a High quality encoder Like Tmpgenc and then you can use nero to Just Burn the File as VCD with no encodeing, I"m sure you will be amazed by how much better the quality is....Cheers