1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Compliance

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Glad2bHr, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Glad2bHr

Glad2bHr Guest

How can I tell if the videos files that I want to put onto a VCD are VCD compliant? All I know is that they have to be mpg. I'm new to all this stuff.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Basically the framerate needs to be either 23.97, 25.00 or 29.97 (FILM, PAL, NTSC), image size 352x288 or 352x240 (PAL, NTSC/FILM), bitrate 1150kbps and audio encoded in MP2 (not MP3) with bitrate upto 224kbps.

Easiest way to test the file is to throw it to Nero's VCD template and see if Nero whines about it :)

3. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

and if you want to see the properties of an mpeg there is a small program called " mpeg properties" its freeware. it tells all the info you need to look for that drd mentioned

4. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

hey, where can one get that little program? it sounds like something i'd like to have. thanks :)

5. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

6. dRD

Tnx, gotta add it to our site as well :)

7. A_Klingon

8. A_Klingon

Good Lord....

I have no idea how my post got in there twice. (I only sent it once). Really.

Go figure. (Hi dRD).

Mike -- K.A. --

9. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

thanks, got it, its excellent. that same site also has another prog called bitrate viewer that is also very cool..

10. dRD

A_Klingon: Hm, weird.. The one hour gap between posts kinda suggests that you left the message dialog open in browser and clicked REPLY later. Dunno, total mystery to me :)

11. A_Klingon

That may be indeed what happened - I can spend a lot of time in here perusing the board, shuttling forwards and back.

At the time of writing, TMP was dutifully scrunching up part 2 of "Analyze This" in the background, (part 1 had already been ripped/encoded/burned) - a terrific film that a buddy of mine had kindly pointed me to. ;-)

Not a good idea though, methinks - running TMP and posting messages @ the same time.

-- KlingonAgent --