1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Copy - PLS HELP!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by boswellin, Oct 23, 2004.

1. boswellin

boswellin Guest

I tried to open the .vcd files fm a VCD on my PC .[bold].by mistake the .vcd files (info.vcd, entries.vcd) got associated with windows media player program..now I cant play the vcd in my DVD player (I was able to play the VCD in 3 different DVD players with no problems, before..).
    HOW CAN I change the files association with the wrong programs and play the vcd in the dvd player[/bold]?
    also, how can i make a vcd copy on CDr/w ?
    pls help-urgent..
    thanks..

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem is that the movie is NOT called XYZ.vcd, but D:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT (D:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MOPG if it's a SVCD).
    Than you just have to open AVSEQ01.* with your PC reader (WMP, BSPlayer..). I would sugget you BSPlayed, because is really great (and freeware...).
    The only problem is that not all MPEG readers are able to read the movies directly from the VCD, because that file has a VCD header, it's not a 'standard MPEG' but a 'riff file'.
    Colnluding, beware: changing an association is a standard Windows procedure but associating .DAT-->WMP is risky, because .DAT is often used for other things (ASCII files which contain infos on programs...).
    Try to open that file form the File___Open Menu of your movie reader, and if it's able to open a 'riff file' you don't even need to perform the conversion AVSEQ01.DAT(AVSEQ01.MPG) --> VIDEO.MPG.

Concluding: to make a VCD from that movie you either need a VCD image (.ISO or .BIN/.CUE, for example), or you need to make a brand new VCD image using VCDGear (read our 'sticky' thread to learn how to use it) using the converted 'true MPEG' (that Video.MPG file we was talking about, before).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  3. boswellin

boswellin Guest

Thanks.. I figured out as soon as I sent out the question, that the avseq01 is audio/video.sequence in a .DAT file. I was able to open the file using WMP player. Using Nero I was able to duplicate it and see the movie copy on my PC. But, as I said, my Samsung DVD player doesnt play them. (Apex and panasonic did play it)..
    SO, fm what I understand, my dvd player will not play the VCD unless its converted into video.mpg (which I can achieve by using VCD gear (?) ). Sorry, I couldnt quite understand the Conclusion..
    There are 2 .VCD files and one DAT file..Do I create a VCD image after converting the DAT to mpeg? if so, how do i convert? Thank you.