1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd encoding

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by spirit51, Apr 7, 2003.

1. spirit51

spirit51 Guest

can someone please tell me how to convert a xvid file into vcd or dvd because tmpg doesn't seem to like it.also why is the picture of the xvid file so dark?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Does TMPGEnc give you an error??

3. spirit51

spirit51 Guest

YES TMPG DOES GIVE ME A ERROR.ALSO WHEN I GO THROUGH THE WIZARD IT SAYS THE FILE SIZE IS ABOUT 400% OF THE DISK

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Get a program called gspot to find check the codecs! i recommend you get the xvid codec from the software section of this site!! its very reliable!!

In tmpgenc, to get rid of the annoying "over estimating" you can do the following. Click the setting button and click the advanced tab. Tick the box beside source range and double click source range. When the new box comes up click "move to start frame" and click "set start frame" then click "move to end frame" and click "set end frame". This will solve that problem!!