1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Error

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Metallo, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I have been processing a VCD that includes around 1700 still pictures.
    At the end of the process this error pops up:

"Creation of the VideoCD as disc image" execution failed:
    Too many files/directories in the ISO 9660 part of the VideoCD
    (A videoCD has a small Table of Content for the ISO 9660 files)

This is the 1st time it happens, normally I do add still pictures on the same CD on a regular basis, it looks like ISO TOC has a limit but I don't know how can I solve this and also what's the imit, the number of pictures or the number of directories?

Thank you
    Alex

2. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

By processing a VCD you mean encoding right? What program are you using to encode? Use image maker on Nero buring rom or something. Try A diffrent image maker and give us more details on what programs you are using.

3. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I mean encoding and I use VCD Easy 2.01.
    I can't use another image maker because I've been working with VCDEasy for years and created ad hoc Menus that only this application can do.

I tried the precess twice but same problem, maybe I can try to use another media, it might be this one is defective and create the issue??

Thanks
    Alex

4. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

The second attempt failed as well, at least I know that is not a media problem.
    Looking at the segment directory into the ISO 9660 section, I've seen that the number of .DAT files is 1628, while the number of files I've encoded is 1667.
    This would correspond to the error message I get.

Does it mean that the ISO 9660 for VCD can only include 1628 files regardless of the MB space they take (in my case, around 500 MB).

Thanks for any help

Alex
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Midi Tower ATX 250W, Mainboard AOPEN AN34 S370 ATX, Processor Intel PIII 1.0 GHz S370 + Cooler, Memory 512MB SDRAM PC133, HD Maxtor Diamond Plus 40 GB U100 7200 rpm, Floppy Drive 3½ - 1.44MB, CD Writer Plextor 1610TA 16/10/40, Videocard TNT2 M64 32MB AGP,[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  5. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

VCDEasy isnt so easy no is it LOL? I dont know what in the heck you are trying to do, my suggestion is just make the Vcd dont be dinking around with still images just encode your file to mpeg and burn it into a vcd on a cd-r. Why are you making isos?Burn it with your cd-rw drive put it in a dvd player that can play vcds and thats it. You have to explain to me what you are trying to do? If you tell me what you are trying to do I can help you!

6. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I've have been creating VCDs using VCDEasy for more than 2 years without any problem.
    What I normally do I fill in the VCD with new still images on a monthly basis, the menus are necessary to select the various periods.
    No way that I can do this with Nero, I mean this type of menus, I just cannot set 25 menus to choose with the remote control of my standalone DVD player.

In addition, I am just trying to find somebody who can explain me why this error, as I said I believe it is a limit in the number of files the ISO9660 standard can handle, but a clarification would be appreciated.

Hope this helps to better understand.

Cheers